5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2013 7:00 PM by rdolgov

Customer submission delay

purplesapphiredesigns

Hello,

My customer is trying to submit her form she just spent some time filling out.  When she pressed submit, the form started thinking and continues to do so. I have  not received her response.  She has left her computer on as it still continues to think.   What could be the problem or hold up on the loading here?

Thanks

Ashley

• 1. Re: Customer submission delay
          rdolgov Adobe Employee

Hi Ashley,

Do you know if the problem specific to only this customer or any submission to this form fails?

If it's specific to a single customer, can you please provide details on OS/browser version and the browser screenshot after submit. Also can you please tell me the form url so we can investigate. (I may need to do some test submission into the form, let me know if it's okay with you).

Can you also ask the customer try to submit again to verify if it's persistent problem or just one time glitch.

Thanks

Roman

• 2. Re: Customer submission delay
            purplesapphiredesigns Level 1

Hi Roman,

Its the first customer who has had this problem.  She is working on a Mac

and Google Chrome.   She tried to submit an attachment, which no one else

has done before.  She says its just thinking - no error message.   She is

already frustrated enough, so I really don't want to ask her to send me a

screen shot at this time if that is ok.

Here is the link - https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=LHH1D4NRkhVdlXlxIybrZQ

Thank you for the quick response!

Ashley

• 3. Re: Customer submission delay
              rdolgov Adobe Employee

Hi Ashley,

I could not find any errors in the server log, so my guess that something happened on client side.

I did try to submit to your form with attachment and didn't notice any issues (please remove the response with "test" in most fields).

Would it be possible to ask her to try to resubmit, maybe using different browser to see if it works. Submission should not take too long (5-10 seconds maximum), so if it doesn't succeeded right away, the only way is to try again.

If she can try again, and if fails, can you ask her if submission hangs before or during "Uploading attachment" message or later during "Your response is being submitted".

Sorry about this issue,

Roman

• 4. Re: Customer submission delay
                purplesapphiredesigns Level 1

Thanks Roman.  I had a feeling it was on her end.  I had the form converted

into a PDF form for her to fill out instead!

Do you think Chrome is the problem or the fact that it was a Mac?

• 5. Re: Customer submission delay
                  rdolgov Adobe Employee

Glad that you found workaround (though note that PDF form doesn't support attachment, so you may need to ask her to send attachment file separately).

I am not aware about any issues with Mac/Chrome, so not sure what exactly went wrong.

Thanks

Roman