A. Fix One PC
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader X
- Go to: Edit > Preferences...
- Click on "General" in the left pane.
- Uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at startup"
- You will prompted with a dialog box to remind you to close the application for the change to go into effect. Click Yes.
- Click OK to save your change.
- Exit Adobe Reader
B. Fix Several PCs in Your Organization
Following the above steps aren't practical if you have Adobe Acrobat installed on 1,000+ computers in 30 regional offices! Push this registry setting using your standard software deployment software.
When opening an attached document from an email message, or from a website, the document is usually stored on a temp folder on the local disk. Access Denied indicates a permission problem with such a temp folder.
For Outlook I found that they are stored under %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook