5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 6:49 PM by pallottadesign

Bar across bottom of screen

MECS Level 1

I run Dir. 11.5.9 with Win 7, 64 bit.  There is a bar running across the bottom of the stage in my movies that sometimes partially obscures navigation buttons near the bottom of the screen.  I never had that problem in any other version of Director.  Does anyone else have that?  Does anyone know of a fix for it?

Thanks.

Dewey

• 1. Re: Bar across bottom of screen
          Wolfgang Herold Level 2

what are your publish settings

display template settings

do you scale to fullscreen

wolf

• 2. Re: Bar across bottom of screen
            MECS Level 1

Wolfgang, thank you for responding.  I'm sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.

My publish settings are:

Windows Projector

Animate in Background

Center stage in monitor

Intel Binary

Display template setting is "centered"

I'm not sure exactly about "scale to fullscreen".  How is that done?

I also tried selecting "Lock stage size to movie's stage", but it didn't change anything.

Another curious thing is that I can drag move the bottom bar down and a blue bar appears at the top.  I can click in that bar and drag my movie around.  That behavior doesn't sound as if the projector actually has control of the movie.  It behaves much as if it is still in editing mode within Director, or as if it is being displayed in a draggable "player" window such as Quicktime, yet it is being launched by a projector.  My MX versions of the programs do not have those issues.  Have you heard of this happening to anyone else?  By the way, these movies are running in 640x480 resolution.

Thanks.

Dewey

• 3. Re: Bar across bottom of screen
              pallottadesign Level 1

Also check the "Display Tempate" tab in the Property Inspector window. If your movie is set for "Resizable" as that may be the cause. There are other options to look at there as well.

Scaling to full screen is often done like this:

on prepareMovie

(the stage).rect = (the desktopRectList)[1]
                (the stage).drawRect = (the desktopRectList)[1]

end

• 4. Re: Bar across bottom of screen
                MECS Level 1

It first appeared that your answer had solved the problem.  I found the resizeable box checked, so I unchecked it, restarted Director, tried the movie and it worked perfectly.  I ran it several times with no problems.  About 20 minutes later, I was going to show my partner that the problem had been solved, but the program was doing the same thing again.  It was behaving as if it was in a resizeable player window even though that box was not checked.  That should not have surprised me since they have appeared to come and go in the past.  I figured it was just something I was doing wrong, but the problem apparently is intermittent.

Those programs that have the problem run in 640x480 resolution.  They look fine running in a higher resolution except that they are too small.  The rezset xtra that I used to unitlize to automatically set and reset a customer's monitor no longer works in the later versions of Windows, so I am trying to use the compatability settings for that function.  I click on the projector, click properties, click run in 640x480, click animate in background.  When I use that projector to run the programs, they come up in a movable, resizeable player window.  Yet, they sometimes do not.  They work fine for some period of time, then start misbehaving again. The effect is intermittent which makes it extremely difficult to isolate the source.  It's as if Director sometimes turns the resizeable function on and off at random.

If you can lend a few other ideas, I would be most grateful.

By the way, I tried your scaling code.  It tried to work the first time and actually set the movie to full screen for a second, then returned to the original setting.  I couldn't get it to run again.  I'm sure I misapplied it in some way.  Thanks for sharing it with me anyway.  Maybe I'll get if figured out when the other problem is solved.  Or better yet, maybe it will be the answer to the problem if I can use it instead of the compatability settings.

Thanks again for your kindness in trying to assist me.

Dewey

• 5. Re: Bar across bottom of screen
                  pallottadesign Level 1

You can try putting the code in a frame script in the first frame of the movie, such as

on enterFrame

end

or you can apply it to a button and use

on mouseUp me

end

There is also a "Full screen" option in the publish settings that should cause the movie to fill the monitor screen with the movie background color, with your 640x480 stage at center. You can find that right under the "Animate in background" option.