1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2013 2:09 PM by Sham HC

Error: java.io.IOException: Slave was unable to connect to <master IP Address>: Operation timed out

nujYeck

Hi there,

I am trying to configure 2 instances of CQ 5.5 author clustering through GUI using Shared Nothing clustering as mentioned on online documentation link below.

http://dev.day.com/content/docs/en/crx/current/administering/cluster.html#GUI Setup of Shared Nothing Clustering

No firewall rules on both master and slave.

When I try to join the slave, I am getting "Error: java.io.IOException: Slave was unable to connect to <master IP Address>: Operation timed out after 1000 ms."

The error log in master shows "[Master (2907a049-202f-4c73-a7da-5d5eb81a21b9) - Socket connector] com.day.crx.core.cluster.ClusterMaster I/O error while processing connect. java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"

I read from the above link of 'socketTimeout' param and has it configured in master's repository.xml under Cluster element. Entry I made is:  <param name="socketTimeout" value="60000" />

I tried configuring that param on both slave and master but still getting this error.

I could telnet both ways using both instances' respective ports as well as default "8088" clustering ports.

I was wondering if anybody from the board can give me directions on how to resolve this issue.

Appreciate any response....Thanks.