9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 4:24 PM by Jim_Simon

Losing Audio in PP6

rolyatlah

I am getting sick and tired of pp randomly and frequently trashing my audio. It always deletes the audio from some point to the entire end of the timeline. If I re-import the audio it will again work fine (for a time)

What in the world is going on that so many people are having a problem with this?

• 1. Re: Losing Audio in PP6
          rolyatlah Level 1

This is completely absurd, simply opening and closing the premiere pro file causes significantly increased loss of video. How in the world is a person suppose to make any progress and maybe even make any money??

• 2. Re: Losing Audio in PP6
            rolyatlah Level 1

Sorry, I meant to say AUDIO in the above post. This is THE MOST FRUSTRATING SOFTWARE I HAVE EVER USED IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3. Re: Losing Audio in PP6
              Jim_Simon Level 8

I'd get pretty annoyed at that myself.  The good news is that your experience isn't normal, which means something is wrong with your setup, and we may be able to fix it.  So...let's start with some questions:

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

• 4. Re: Losing Audio in PP6
                rolyatlah Level 1

New project:

Video rendering and playback    

Mercury playback engine software only (can not change)

Video

Display format

Timecode

Audio

Display format

Audio Samples

Capture

Capture format

DV

New Sequence

Sequence presets:

DV NTSC

Standard 48khz

When downloading video from Sony VX2000 I used "scene detect" and ended up with about 80, on average, clips per one hour tape. I am loading two or three of these "clips" into this project for testing. Total sequence length, maybe three minutes.

Some of the data from my "sequence settings" are:

Display format: 30fps drop frame timecode

Audio 48khz

Display format: Audio samples

Preview file format:  NTSC DV

Codec DV NTSC

Max bit depth not selected and Maximum render not selected.

In "preferences" I have:

Audio:

5.1 mixdown type: Front + Rear

Mono media: Adaptive

Stereo Media: Adaptive

5.1 Media: Adaptive

Multichannel Mono Media: Adaptive (I changed to adaptive because Adobe was changing my voice overs to "chipmunk mode"

Then I select "file" and "import" and select two or three of my clips from the "sony capture".

Now I have four clips in my project window, "Project: test"

I double click to move to my edit window and then drag them to my timeline (sequence 01)

I now have about a minute and a half of video plus audio.

I initially had a problem losing audio using dynamic link. That STILL OCCURS!  I have to was having to export my audio separately to a wav file and then import it to Encore.

Now I am losing my audio before I ever get to Encore.

• 5. Re: Losing Audio in PP6
                  rolyatlah Level 1

I am using two new PCs both have 10gig of ram and 2TB hard disks. The only software I have loaded on these two machines is Adobe creative suite.

• 6. Re: Losing Audio in PP6
                    Jim_Simon Level 8

Keep going.  Look at and answer all the questions precisely.

• 7. Re: Losing Audio in PP6
                      rolyatlah Level 1

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Feb 13, 2012 12:43 PM

When asking a question on the Premiere Pro user-to-user forums, you can make it easier for folks to help you by proactively providing the answers to the following questions:

• What version of Premiere Pro? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Pro CS5.5 with the 5.5.2 update).

PPCS6 with latest updates

Yes

• What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

Windows 8

• What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".

Downloading video from Sony VX2000 I used "scene detect" and ended up with about 80, on average, clips per one hour tape. I am loading two or three of these "clips" into this project for testing. Total sequence length, maybe three minutes.

• If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

No error messages unless they are audio then I would not hear them anyway

• What were you doing when the problem occurred?

It occurs at random. The most recent is simply closing PP and re-opening

• Has this ever worked before?

Never reliably. I was able to edit one two hour DVD and that was it everythng else is full of RANDOM audio drops.

• What other software are you running?

Creative suite

• Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?

Would not know what they were to install them

• Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU).

New computers I have only installed Adobe Creative suite and I uninstalled much of the frivilous crap that came with them.

Software only (according to PP

• Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both?

Either or

Screenshots and sample movies are often very useful in showing exactly what you're seeing, and can thus make getting an answer faster and easier.

Also, please do everyone a favor and check the Premiere Pro FAQ list and also do a quick Premiere Pro Community Help search to see if your question has been addressed already.

Have been searching high and low for answers that would help me. I wish Adobe would do it's users a huge favor and make software that worked out of the box.

28475 Vie

• 8. Re: Losing Audio in PP6
                        rolyatlah Level 1

I am completely dead in the water - I have been working 13 hours a day for the last four days and have absolutely NOTHING I can use to show for it. AND there is no point in starting again because I have no idea when or where disaster is going to strike!

• 9. Re: Losing Audio in PP6
                          Jim_Simon Level 8
                          What version of Premiere Pro? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Pro CS5.5 with the 5.5.2 update).

PPCS6 with latest updates

Really?