3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 5:00 AM by kglad

Lagging streamed sounds

mussash9

Hi all,

I have an animation about 4 minutes long.  It's separated into 7 scenes.

When I made the sound, I exported the flash as a movie, and imported it into a video editor with a project of the same frame rate.  I made the sound, then exported segments of the sound that match the length of each scene.  Then I put each sound clip into the first frame of each scene.

It seems fine until scene 3 when the sound goes off synch.  This happens when I test the Movie.  However, when I test each individual scene, the sound seems right on track.

Does anyone know why this is happening?  Do you think I should try some other method of making the sound for the flash?

I appreciate it!

• 1. Re: Lagging streamed sounds
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you have 7 sound files that are each attached to the first frame of your 7 scenes?  if yes, assign the sync property of each sound to stream, not event.

• 2. Re: Lagging streamed sounds
            mussash9 Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  I already have them all assigned to Stream.  And as I said, when I view each scene separately, there's no problem... but if I watch the movie as a whole, the sound lags behind after I get to somewhere near scene 4.

Do you think this is a memory problem?

• 3. Re: Lagging streamed sounds
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

no, it's most likely a failure to assign all the sounds to stream but could be a problem with one of your sounds.

to test, replace the scene 3 sound with the scene 1 sound.  assign its sync to stream and test.

if there's no problem, open the scene 3 sound in a sound editor and resave using the same settings that were used for the scene 1 sound.