11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 3:35 PM by RjL190365

Timeline Playback Choppy - Which Part of my Hardware is the source of the problem?

127racingteam

Hello,

When I preview my videos using the preview frame in Premeire Pro CS5.5, I am experiencing choppy video playback. The preview starts out playing smoothly for approximately 3 seconds and then begins to go into choppy frames. Also, if it is relevant, I can play the videos perfectly fine on my computer without choppiness using any other player (i.e Windows Media Player).

The source video was taken on a GoPro Hero 3 camera and its properties are listed below:

Type: Movie
      Video: 59.94 fps, 1920 x 1080 (1.0)
      Audio: 48000 Hz - 32-bit Float - Stereo

In order to make sure that I was not messing up the sequence settings, I begin all of my video projects by right clicking on the source video and selecting "New Sequence from Clip

So: Onto my question: I REALLY need this problem fixed and I don't know how to do so. Could someone please tell me if this is a software or hardware issue, and if it is a hardware issue, which part do I need to replace in order to resolve? Thank you. My computer specs are listed below. Keep in mind that my computer knowledge is probably considered only slightly above average.

Processor:

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz

Graphics Card:

Display adapter typeNVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
      Total available graphics memory3807 MB
            Dedicated graphics memory1024 MB
            Dedicated system memory0 MB
            Shared system memory2783 MB
      Display adapter driver version9.18.13.697
      Primary monitor resolution1920x1080
      DirectX versionDirectX 10

Hard Drive:

WDC WD6400AAKS-08A7B0 ATA Device
      (I have no idea what that means, thats just what my device manager says.)

Memory:

8GB DDR3

Thank you very much to anyone who can provide help.

Korey