4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 4:54 PM by HawaiiHippie RSS

Projects stopped opening after subscription to the Cloud

HawaiiHippie Community Member

Aloha all,

About a month ago, I downloaded the trial of PR CS6.  I also bought the relevant "Classroom in a Book" and began working my way through it, using the included projects.  I made it about halfway before my trial expired, but that was enough to convince me that Adobe was a worthwhile product.  So I joined the Creative Cloud, taking advantage of the sale for educators.

Now, I can no longer open any of the projects from the book.  Whether I try to open the original project, or one that I've edited on, I get the same message:

"This project contained a sequence that could not be opened.  No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type."

Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 2.20.26 PM.png

I'm concerned.  There are several things about this I find alarming. 

So, can someone help me?  What's the magic fix to get this up and runing again?  Or have I made a horrible, horrible mistake, and should I quick cancel before my 30 days to do so expires?

Mahalo!

Tom G

• 1. Re: Projects stopped opening after subscription to the Cloud
          John T Smith MVP

Missing Presets/Activation http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1050730?tstart=0 may help

Or Cloud confusion http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1029098 may help

And, for the future, please provide what is asked for in the Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

• 2. Re: Projects stopped opening after subscription to the Cloud

Thanks for the reply!

The Deactivate/Reactivate method didn't work for me.  I am unable to deactivate the software.  "Deactivation not successful.  Please try again."

Uninstalling / cleaning / reinstalling is not something I'm willing to consider at this point.  I have legacy versions of other Adobe products, and don't want to risk the scrub tool rendering those unfunctional as well.

There is an available update, but it fails to install because something called "Dynamicclick" needs to be shut down. 

Sorry for the lack of info, let me fill that in:

• What version of Premiere Pro? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Pro CS5.5 with the 5.5.2 update).

Premiere Pro CS 6.0.0

Unable to.  Installer runs for about an hour, then tells me to close a program that, to the best of my ability to locate, does not exist.

• What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

• What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".

Various.  .mp4, .mov, .avi files.  Not only the files from the training DVD, but also AVCHD files from a camcorder.

• If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

See screenshot above

• What were you doing when the problem occurred?

Trying to open projects that worked last week.

• Has this ever worked before?

Nope

• What other software are you running?

When the problem first appeared, part of my troubleshooting involved restarting the machine and launching Premiere by itself.  Didn't help.

• Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?

Not yet.  haven't had the chance! 

• Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU).

Mac Mini, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 8 GB RAM.  No 3rd party hardware attached.

Nope.  At least, I don't think so.

• Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both?

Neither.  I can't get to the stage where either previews or output are available.

• 3. Re: Projects stopped opening after subscription to the Cloud
              John T Smith MVP

You may need to contact Adobe for this one

Adobe contact information - http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Adobe Activation Chat in #4 9-11-09 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/488108

• 4. Re: Projects stopped opening after subscription to the Cloud

Well, that was helpful!  I used the online chat help.  The tech took control of my machine, poked and prodded for a while, and seems to have resolved the issue.  What worked?

1. First, she downloaded and updated the Adobe Application Manager. 

2.This allowed her to successfully launch Premiere and deauthorize the computer. 

3. She quit Premiere

4. Then, she renamed user/library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Pro/6.0 to 6.0(old)

5. She relaunched Premiere

6. We reauthorized the computer

7. It worked