3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 8:52 PM by Mylenium

Layering tool?

OneManBand24345

Hey I am trying to make a video where one man reaches his hand through the other mans chest and I have it all lined up perfectly by changing each video's opacity to 50% but I was wondering how to make it like opacity is in effect but each one is 100% where i can see both people fully. How could I make it to where it looks like they are in the same video together just like opacity does but make them full instead of see through.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Layering tool?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I don't quite understand, probably because you are using the wrong terminology. Also in such cases it is best to provide screenshots/ reference images, so people can tell you how to proceed. If you merely reduced the opacities, you may have a lot of work yet still ahead of you masking out the actors and so on to create a convincing illusion.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Layering tool?
            OneManBand24345 Level 1

Sorry I don't know After Effects term very well I'm pretty new to it and here are the screen shots:

ADHELP.png

I want it to look like that but not have them look clear.

• 3. Re: Layering tool?
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As I suspected - you will have some masking to do. Since this could turn into an endless thread, I suggest you look up a few tutorials on using the Difference Keyer, Rotobrush, Mattes and conventional AE masks and then come back with more specific questions. The basic rundown is that you would isolate your two people by using a difference key or Rotobrush, then pre-compose that and use guy A as a matte for guy B to cut out sections of the arm and then use additional masks to refine the result...

Mylenium