3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 11:44 AM by joe bloe premiere

Help replacing footage

Coodoo17

Ok, so here's my issue.

So I've been working on a movie review in Premiere CS5.5. I downloaded the movie offline and am editing it in mixed with other videos, so it's all cut up and mixed around and everything. I tried to export a sample of my video, but it will not export.

Premiere Pro has encountered an error.

[..\..\Src\Win\WinFile.cpp-785]

I'm guessing this is because of the file of the movie I downloaded because I think something is wrong with it because it will only play audio when Premiere is conforming, oddly enough. So then I thought maybe I'll just buy the DVD and put it on my PC. So here's the real question.

Is there anyway I can take the movie file from the DVD and put it into Premiere in a way that it sets into my sequence exactly the way the current corrupt file is. So it's all cut up and placed the way I want it since all the footage from the movie comes from the same file.

That was a hard question to word, sorry.

Or maybe there is a way to fix the file I have now?

• 1. Re: Help replacing footage
          joe bloe premiere Level 5

Is there anyway I can take the movie file from the DVD and put it into Premiere in a way that it sets into my sequence exactly the way the current corrupt file is.

Not likely.

Your new file would need to have identical start, end, and duration

as the original.

Or maybe there is a way to fix the file I have now?

Possibly.

You can try to re-encode the file to a more stable format

in Media Encoder.

• 2. Re: Help replacing footage
            Coodoo17 Level 1

The new file would like have the exact start, end and duration as the file I have now, since they're both of the same film.

• 3. Re: Help replacing footage
              joe bloe premiere Level 5

...since they're both of the same film.

"I downloaded the movie offline..."

vs.

"...I thought maybe I'll just buy the DVD and put it on my PC."

The fact that it is the same film does not mean the files from the DVD

will be exactly the same start, end, duration or format as what you

downloaded (unless what you downloaded was an image file for the same DVD).