1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 7:48 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Can't select layers with transparency

Knirp Level 1

Hello all!

Some things just happend and I have no idea why.

1. I can no longer nudge grouped layers. Photoshop complains that it cannot nudge layers in a group. I'm pretty sure I have done this many times before, so I guess I'm doing something wrong here.

2. When I try to move a layer selected in the layer panel (or selected via ctrl-alt-right click), a click on the layer selects the layer effect above instead.

It seems like there is some kind of click through enabled. If I click on a transparent part of the layer, the layer below get selected instead.

My first thought was that this had something to do with "Autoselect layer/group", but it's disabled.

This drives me crazy, how can I go back to normal mode, so I can click anywhere in a layer, transparent or not, and move the items in it etc?
      (I'm using Photoshop CS6.)

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Can't select layers with transparency
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

1) Is a Selection active?

What is the exact meassage?

2) Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels visible?

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?