10 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2013 8:17 PM by A.T. Romano

Trouble Signing into Adobe ID

Confused Beginner 10

I'm on Premiere Elements 9 but I've also tried on Photoshop Elements 9 too and it doesn't work.  I can get past the page that asks for my Adobe ID and password but then I am taken to a page that says I need to complete more information then in asks for my birthdate and Personal URL and if I agree to the Terms of Use.  Once I fill that all out then it wont let me continue on the button of Update Account is dark and I can't push it.  I tried hitting Enter it also doesn't work.  I've uninstalled the entire program and reinstalled it and that also hasn't fixed the problem.  Can you help?

• 1. Re: Trouble Signing into Adobe ID
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is a user to user forum, not Adobe support, so I don't  think anyone will be able to help with login problems

Adobe contact information - http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

• 2. Re: Trouble Signing into Adobe ID
            Confused Beginner 10 Level 1

They sent me here because I have an older version

• 3. Re: Trouble Signing into Adobe ID
              18qwer Level 3

Hi Confused Beginner 10,

This behavior is because Adobe is going away with photoshop.com. That's why there are many times problems signing in to photoshop.com from PSE/PRE.

I will advice you to move your images as soon as possible to Revel.

Here is the FAQ page:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/ps.com_sharing_and_storage/faq

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Trouble Signing into Adobe ID
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Confused Beginner 10

It is now May 27, 2013, and I am not quite sure if your April 4, 2013 posted problem has been resolved or not. 18qwer seems to think not since that user is posting for solution to solve your April posted question.

If you have not yet identified the cause of your problem, then I would offer the following for consideration.

I have found that setting up for an Adobe Revel account is not a prerequisite for using Premiere Elements with the correct User ID and Password.

If you were a user of photoshop.com in its day and had photos stored there, then by now your photoshop.com stored photos have been moved to Adobe Revel automatically free. You probably received emails from photoshop.com and Adobe Revel about the details of that transfer over the past several months.

Unless you need its free or fee related services, I would keep Adobe Revel out of this equation.

As a test of your Adobe ID and Password, please go to "My Adobe" at Adobe and see if you can use your Adobe ID and Password to sign in there and view your Adobe Account.

http://www.adobe.com/

Look to top right corner of the home page for "My Adobe".

Please review and then update us on your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Trouble Signing into Adobe ID
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

I believe that you and 18qwer are correct.

When PrE 9 was introduced, Adobe offered a Photoshop.com account with online storage, and perhaps a few more perks. There was also a Photoshop.com Plus account, for a subscription fee. IIRC, it offered even more storage, and also access to Additional Functional Content, such as more DVD/BD Menus, etc., but many users were not impressed by the few Menus, Titles, and other Content items. They felt that the limited extra material was too limited, and too seldom introduced.

Photoshop.com became Adobe Revel, in part, I believe, because of the extreme confusion over what Photoshop.com was. Many questions about that service were posted to the Photoshop General Discussions form, as the users believed that somehow, they had a subscription to Photoshop - Adobe's flagship program for Image editing.

Users, with older versions of PrE, or PsE, probably still have the widget to subscribe to Photoshop.com, but everything is now Adobe Revel. Existing Photoshop.com subscriptions, and setups can be converted to Adobe Revel, for existing on-line storage accounts. http://forums.adobe.com/community/revel The Signups, in those old programs are still for Photoshop.com, which has essentially been closed - other than the ability to roll the on-line storage into Revel.

Like you, I would leave Revel out of the mix, unless one does need the on-line storage capabilities, or some other aspect of Adobe Revel.

I expect that we will see much confusion in respect to Photoshop.com over the next few years.

Good luck to the OP,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Trouble Signing into Adobe ID
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Thanks for your comments.

I am looking forward to learning of Confused Beginner's status with regard to the issue presented, especially the part about whether or not his Adobe ID and Password are still functional at Adobe and what Confused Beginner's account information looks like there.

It was the suggestion or interpretation that Adobe Revel was a requirement for continued used fo Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 that was/is of concern.

ATR

• 7. Re: Trouble Signing into Adobe ID
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

It was the suggestion or interpretation that Adobe Revel was a requirement for continued used fo Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 that was/is of concern.

I do not think that participation in Adobe Revel would be a "requirement," but cannot verify that.

You would know, better than I, as the Photoshop.com and Photoshop.com signups/subscriptions came after my PrE 4.0 installation, and I had no other versions, until PrE 11. With my PrE 11 installation, I have seen no offers, sign-ups, etc., for Photoshop.com, or Adobe Revel. I sort of missed the whole thing.

I would anticipate that the Adobe Revel Forum might be helpful in answering your questions. I have seen the MOD's and Adobe Staff, quite busy in that forum, trying to help explain things to users.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Trouble Signing into Adobe ID
                        Confused Beginner 10 Level 1

Well my main reason I wanted to sign in was so that i could use the yellow ribbon movie themes and I can't do that until I sign in with my adobe ID and password thanks guys for trying to help

• 9. Re: Trouble Signing into Adobe ID
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Unless those are now available through Adobe Revel, it is probably too late.

Back when PrE 9 was current, the service was Photoshop.com. Now, it is Adobe Revel, and I am not sure what that will offer. I would go to the Adobe Revel Forum, and investigate: http://forums.adobe.com/community/revel

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Trouble Signing into Adobe ID
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Confused Beginner 10

I have Premiere Elemens 9.0/9.0.1 and best I can tell those Instant movie themes come in several varieties, with the blue banned one (Plus Members Only) ones being the ones that come from the fee paid photoshop.com plus service now no more. Right now I see only one yellowish banned one (Road Trip) so that "should" be available when you get into Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.

There are those with no bans at the top right corner of the thumbnail. I am not sure what the significance is for the yellowish banned one. It is definitely not listed under the Plus Member Only group.

As an aside, many if not all of the Plus Members Only items are now in Premiere Elements 11 as part of the program, no ties to photoshop.com plus or Revel.

Are you any closer to getting into the program? Did a visit to your account at Adobe turn up any leads to the solution?

We will continue to watch for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR