3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 11:29 AM by Peter Spier

Resizing .indd question

mentlity Level 1

I have an .indd document which the contents need to be placed on to a new layout which is a smaller size as well as the paragraphs, fonts , line heights need to be resized as well.

I have a new 3 page .indd document which was created with all the correct sizing of all the copy as a test, just to show the way it should be laid out. The original .indd file I would have to convert this to is 265 pages so this is a two part question.

part 1 - there is ONE master to the new 3 page document so first I was trying to add a new page to that so I created ( creates a blank) and then selected added "apply master to pages" and I still do not see the styles applied to the master on the new page.

am I doing this proecedure correctly?

part 2 - Is there a way of creating an alternate style made from the dimensions of the new 3 page .indd file? meaning a way of selecting all the paragraphs from the orignal .indd and styling according to the size and style of the 3 page .indd file?

Seems a tall order as I would think the only way would be to do page for page?

A ton of work if this is so.

before I attempt I would like to know if there is a better way

Anyone?

RD