5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2008 3:50 PM by niki.erin5250

screenshot paste

dw202 Level 1
      Hi,

In the past, I would press “PrtScn” (or ctrl+) and click onto “New” (file) in the Fireworks 8 which would open a blank file with my screen resolution. That would allow me to paste a screenshot.

Since few weeks ago I cannot do it anymore. I cannot recall any change that would affect it. Is there anyone who had (and resolved) same or similar problem?

Thank you
        • 1. Re: screenshot paste
          Level 7
          dw202 wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > In the past, I would press ?PrtScn? (or ctrl+) and click onto ?New? (file) in
          > the Fireworks 8 which would open a blank file with my screen resolution. That
          > would allow me to paste a screenshot.
          >
          > Since few weeks ago I cannot do it anymore. I cannot recall any change that
          > would affect it. Is there anyone who had (and resolved) same or similar problem?

Is there a chance you have SnagIt or some other screen capture software
          installed that is set up to activate with the Print Screen key?

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: screenshot paste
            Level 7
            dw202 wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > In the past, I would press ?PrtScn? (or ctrl+) and click onto ?New? (file) in
            > the Fireworks 8 which would open a blank file with my screen resolution. That
            > would allow me to paste a screenshot.
            >
            > Since few weeks ago I cannot do it anymore. I cannot recall any change that
            > would affect it. Is there anyone who had (and resolved) same or similar problem?
            >
            > Thank you
            >
            >
            Same computer? My laptop's Print Screen key serves as a dual function
            key. A 'Function' key needs to be pressed to activate it.

SKB
            • 3. Re: screenshot paste
              Level 7
              Are you using an F-Lock keyboard where the F-Lock key has to be active
              (green light beneath "F" symbol is on) for PrtScr to operate normally?
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-Lock

--
              Regards

John Waller

• 4. Re: screenshot paste
                dw202 Level 1
                No software installed. Function key is not a problem. I forgot to confirm that PrtScn works absolutely fine with all other software (like Word, Paintbrush, Corel Photopaint, etc.)

With Fireworks, if I do PrtScn, new file will do last file's size. If I paste it into Word and then copy/paste into Fireworks, the picture gets cut to 800-ish and parts from both left and right are missing.

??!!
                • 5. Re: screenshot paste
                  niki.erin5250
                  i have the same problem pasting into fireworks from word - why does it get cut off and is there some way to correct it?!