2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2013 2:44 PM by Aurel_Tristen

Premiere Pro CS6 and AME Crash on export

Aurel_Tristen

This is absolutely killing me.  My business depends on my ability to produce video content, and I'm currently unable to render out anything.  I know many people have various crash problems, so I'll try to be as detailed as I can.

For the sake of simplicity, the following is all about Adobe Media Encoder's crash, though both programs crash in the same way about the same time.

When I render out a project from PP or AME, I get a crash to desktop anywhere from 3 to 4 minutes after my render has started.  When it first started happening I would sometimes get a BSoD.  I can however export bars and tone without issue.  I've tried rendering out sequences that use video from my 5DMkII and my GoPro Hero 3 black, which leads me to believe my video files are not corrupt. (f

The crash generates three files, all from windows.
      http://pastebin.com/e4zx1ba7

I also have the crash dump file which I will happily send to any Adobe employee who may be able to make heads or tales of this.  I'm not a computer engineer, but I do build them myself and I have a greater than average grasp on them, and yet I can't seem to solve this problem.

I have watched my process manager while rendering and do not see excess stress on the CPU or RAM.

• Adobe software up to date (as of this posting)
      • All drivers / chipsets, BIOS updated
      • No recent addition of hardware or software when problem started
      • Computer is only for editing, so only a few other programs that could be causing crash
      • Memory Check found no problems

My computer specs:

Windows 7 64bit (up to date)

Motherboard:  ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77

CPU:  Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155

Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked 2048 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0

Ram:  G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

Any ideas?  I've googled as hard as I can, and come up with nothing that has worked.  It is too generic of a problem I guess.  It would be easier if there was a legitimate error to pass on

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CS6 and AME Crash on export
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

When it first started happening I would sometimes get a BSoD.

This indicates hardware/driver problems.

First thing to do is make sure heat isn't the issue.  GoPro and DSLR video is CPU-intensive to decode, and if you're re-encoding to H.264 that adds to the CPU usage.  If you're using Hardware MPE and the GPU is being stressed, that's a potential source of trouble.  Make sure all fans are operating and no dust exists inside the case.  Then try troubleshooting your RAM.  Pull out 2 chips and try rendering again.  If it fails, swap the RAM chips.

Jeff

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Premiere Pro CS6 and AME Crash on export
            Aurel_Tristen Level 1

Holy crap I'm an idiot.  And I call myself a tech guy.  Your mentioning that those codecs are CPU intensive got me digging in the computer (which I was hesitant to do because I have to dissasemble my desk to get to it).  Long story short, I've got a BIG dog in the house.  She sheds twice her bodyweight a day in fur and skin.  My computer uses a closed-loop liquid coolant system, so unlike a normal CPU fan that you can hear suffering, it cries quietly.  Come to find the radiator was completely jamed with dust.  The dust here seems to be worse than it was in Iraq, the country that could kill any CD drive in two DVDs flat.

SO glad it wasn't a bad component, just a stupid owner.  Thanks for your help!