2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2013 1:36 AM by Peter Spier

Why does my Indesign program appear pixelated every time I open it?

Loo_bd

I have recently downloaded the Creative Suit 6 but every time I have tried to open Indesign it appears pixelated making it hard to use. Does anyone have an explination and/or solution to this problem?

• 1. Re: Why does my Indesign program appear pixelated every time I open it?
          AMreso Level 4

Are you using Mac Retina Display?

Than try adjusting your screen resolution.

• 2. Re: Why does my Indesign program appear pixelated every time I open it?
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Are you referring to the resolution of placed images? InDesign has different levels of preview quality that you can select to match the speed of your machine. The default level is "Typical," which is a low resolution image preview that draws quickly but looks horrid. Any reasonably modern machine should be able to handle the High Quality Display setting without choking on most files, and you can change it from the the View menu by choosing View > Display Performance > High Quality Display, but it's probably even better to open the application prefernces and change the default setting. You can choose to leave object level dispaly performance enabled which will allow you to set the preview individually for very large images that cause a delay while working.