6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2013 8:03 AM by flyingj481

Loss of image quality and logo question

dchris13

1.  Finally able to publish my presentation to PDF, but even though HD video, there was significant graphic loss.  Any thing that I did incorrectly?  Is there a way to correct this or publish in another format ( internal company site) to improve this?

2.  Is there a way to have the presentation start off with no Adobe Presenter displaying while waiting for the presentation to start or have my company logo display while starting?

• 1. Re: Loss of image quality and logo question
          mkalyanp Level 2

Hi

About the video that you have inserted on the slide, I recommend not stretching the video on the slide

Letting the size of the video being the original as imported, will give you better quality video.

As for the logo, you can remove the logo and add your logo by doing the following

1. Create a new file named logo.swf of dimension 47 x 27 pixels that contains your branding.

2. Go to the templates folder under the Presenter 8 installation folder

3. Add your custom logo.swf file to the Templates folder.

4. In PowerPoint, publish the presentation to your computer.

5. View the output to see the new logo.

6. this logo will appear every time you publish any presentation

If you want to replace the logo in already published presentation

1. Create a new file named logo.swf of dimension 47 x 27 pixels that contains your branding.

2. Go to the publiahed folder >> data >> resources and paste the logo here

3. Go to the data folder and open vconfig.xml

4. Search for <uireplace name="logo" value=""/>

5. make value equal to "resources/logo.swf" and save vconfig.xml

6. Launch viewer.swf

The above mentioned steps replaces the adobe logo in the player.

If you want to replace the Adobe presenter logo in the loading screen

1. Open the published output folder

2. Open the vconfig.xml file in the data folder in Notepad. Search for <language id=”en”> section, and then look for <uitext name="ADOBE_PRESENTER" value="Insert Your Custom Text"/>

3. Replace the "Insert your custom text"  with your company name

4. Save and close the vconfig.xml file.

5. Launch the published output

Hope this helps

Thanks

Mahesh

Message was edited by: mkalyanp

• 2. Re: Loss of image quality and logo question
            dchris13 Level 1

Thanks for responding.

I actually did not stretch the video or did anything to it. I not sure why this is occurring.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: Loss of image quality and logo question
              flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

You may be fighting image compression. The PPT slide is much smaller than the size of an HD video (resolution wise). Try reducing the video resolution to SD and see if you get a better experience.

• 4. Re: Loss of image quality and logo question
                dchris13 Level 1

You have been so helpful. 

I am assuming I would have to set to HD or SD before recording, is there any way to change after recording?

I am realizing adobe Presenter may not be the way to go.  I need a product that will allow recording of the screen, the presenter and then offer the ability to add filters, enhance video etc, what would be the best product for this?

Sent from my iPad2

• 5. Re: Loss of image quality and logo question
                  mkalyanp Level 2

Hi

Adobe Presenter Video Creator does support Color correction, Noise reduction and Contrast correction.

Also you can publish the video to SD and HD qualities.

Thanks

Mahesh

• 6. Re: Loss of image quality and logo question
                    flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

You can use a tool like the Adobe Media Encoder that comes with any Creative Suite, or there are a wide variety of products that do video conversion. I personally like the AVS Video Converter, and it is not cost prohibitive ($59 for all their products with lifetime updates and support), http://www.avs4you.com. I know that people use free tools all the time, and you may get a few recomendations from other users.

You can still record the video in HD and then use a video conversion tool to bring it down to SD. The video should still look good, and you will gain the benefit of not having image compression and reduced file size/bandwidth demand.