• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I add files to a book?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why, but I suddenly cannot add files to a book in FM 9. I've always done it by dragging or using "Add" from the menu bar.

Now, I go through the same motions, but nothing gets added. Anyone ever experience this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't accidentally locked the book, have you? Does it happen with a new book in the same location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to only happen with this book. Locked? I didn't even know you could do that. I'll try to check if it is. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there's like a "view-only" state that can be tripped on sometimes - search the FM forum; there's been other instances of this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. I'll go poke around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huh. Turns out that because all the FM files that I was given to work with were backups, I couldn't build a book with them. So I renamed them (removed "backup") and now it's fine. I never knew backups couldn't be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines