0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2013 5:51 PM by schmarre1999

Extension Builder 4.5 - Flex 3 compatibility mode

schmarre1999

Hello

I have written an CS Extension (InDesing Plugin) with FlashBuilder 4.6 using ExtensionBuilder Version 1.5 on Windows 7. This project has been working fine for a long time. Now I want to upgrade the project to ExtensionBuilder version 2.0.0.62-32314 in order to be CS6 compatible.

Remark: ExtensionBuilder V1.5 uses Flex SDK 3.4. ExtensionBuilder V2 has been compiled with Flex SDK 4.5

1. The Plugin was installed correctly in FlashBuilder! So far so good.

2. In order to set the new SDK I've set the compiler settings to "use Extension Builder 4.5"

3. As over the whole project mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" namespace is used, and forget about migrating the project to Flex 4 namespaces,  I set the compiler setting : "-compatibility-version=3.4" or version=3.0.0

4 Following article (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/flex3and4_differences.html) decribes, I quote: "

If you compile with the argument -compatibility-version=3.0.0, you will get all of the Flex 3 behavior described in the documentation"!

But this is unfortunately not the case with the ExtensionBuilder SDK!!

5 The errors I'm getting concern

- CSS Styling (namespaces are not used in Flex 3.4)

- States

- Effects

Exactly the differences between Flex 3 and Flex 4!

6 The errors are not clear at all!

- Access of undefined property styleManager: Unknown Flex Problem

- Incorrect number of arguments.  Expected no more than 1: Unknown Flex Problem

- Incorrect number of arguments.  Expected no more than 4: Unknown Flex Problem

There is no clear definition where the errors are occurring.

Is there a way to make compatibility-version=3.0.0 running with ExtensionBuilder-2?

Or am I missing something else?

Thanks alot for any advise.

Daniel