Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Master Collection installer window does not show

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a student at UC Berkeley and my school has provided free software for us students. I have a Windows XP laptop that I'm trying to install CS6 Master Collection in.

I have downloaded and installed the Adobe Download Assistant and have no problems with it. I'm able to log in with my Adobe ID and download CS6 Master Collection from there onto my desktop.

Once the download is finished, when I try to open Set-up.exe, a window pops up saying "Initializing Installer". The green bar loads completely and the pop-up window closes, but then nothing happens. I've searched on the forums and Google and Youtube for help, and I realized that I am supposed to get a new window (shown below). However, once the "Initializing Installer" bar is fully loaded, the pop-up closes and nothing happens.

window.png

I have restarted my laptop several times, and upon startup, did not open any programs or browsers except for the Adobe Download Assistant and Set-up.exe, but the same thing still happens--the window I am supposed to get does not show up. I have even tried downloading the CS6 Master Collection setup files via direct download rather than the Download Assistant, but the same thing happens (so downloading the setup files wasn't the problem).

Last year I downloaded CS 5.5 Design Premium that my school provided. I've uninstalled 5.5, since I read somewhere in another forum online that I had to uninstall previous Adobe CS programs before installing CS 6 so that I would not mess up any files after installation. So right now, I have neither CS 5.5 nor CS 6. I have the setup files for CS 6 sitting on my desktop, but I'm unable to install anything.

If someone could help me to get this window to show up so I could properly install CS 6 onto my laptop, that would be really awesome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool. Also run Windows Update. The installer not initializing means tzhat your system does not meet the specs and Service Pack 3 is missing or only partialyl installed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the CS Cleaner Tool and Windows Update and restarted my laptop. Still the same thing happens...

What is Service Pack 3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Service Pack 3 is the windows XP version.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/which-operating-system

Check if you meet the system requirement to run the Cs6 application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines