Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change and add fonts in ADE?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys...
...I'm bothering you because I'm having a problem with changing and/or adding fonts in ADE. I've purchased an e-book but the font is very strange and after the DRM removal (I want to send the book to my Kindle) I can't read anything from the book. Could you please help me and answer, how to change the font in the original e-book in order to read it after the convertion?

Thank you in advance and have a nice weekend...:)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you will get much help for DRM removal on the Digital Edition forum.

You won't be able to make any changes using ADE prior to DRM removal.

After DRM removal you will have a standard .epub or .pdf.

There are several DRM removal tools, I don't know how similar the result are: try EPUBEE.

For a .epub you can massage details such as fonts in Calibre.

If you are more technical, you can open the .epub using a zip manager such as 7-zip and see all the files.

You can then edit the .css files, and any font files that may be embedded, or even the individual .html files if easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sjpt...
...thanks a lot for your help! I'm not having problem with the DRM removal itself...all the e-books that I've purchased I've already converted with Calibre to .mobi and sent to my Kindle...just that one - I can't deal with it...That's why, I think that the problem is with the font of the original (DRM protected) e-book...when I open it with ADE, I can read it, but when I add it to Calibre - there are just symbols (aaaeieieieooiaoioe...etc)...before even to convert it to .mobi...

I'll try what you've advised with the 7-zip and hope that it'll work...thank you once again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could still be a DRM removal problem.

Given what you say, the first thing to do when you unzip the stripped .epub is to look at one of the .html files.

It should be easily readable text (in so far as HTML is ever readable).

If not, something has gone wrong in the DRM removal.

For comparison, you can use 7zip or similar on an original DRM .epub, and on a successfully stripped .epub, and look at the .html files.

I have found a small number of library books .epub that opened fine on ADE, but would not open on a Bookeen Opus.

I never found out why, and wasn't that motivated to try to read those particular books.

It may be that there are slightly different ways the DRM is applied, and that some can break both strippers and some ebook readers?

Still may be worth trying another stripper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines