2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2013 5:52 AM by l3ill Bryant

Check that all required fields are filled before saving.

l3ill Bryant Level 1

Hello, Good day to everyone.

I normally do not have a problem finding answers online but I can't fond the answer im looking for on this one.

I'm in search of a Java script or instruction on how to validate or make sure that all required fields are filled

in before the pdf is saved? Also maybe add a save as button to the pdf, or check button to trigger this action

sort like the spell checker.

Last but not least Im using a script now that alerts you too fill in a field that may have been omitted but it does

allow you to proceed after the warning I would like this feature to force you to make these corrections

before proceeding.

Any help with any of these issues will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, William

• 1. Re: Check that all required fields are filled before saving.
          Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

There is no way to do this for the save menu item/icon.

1. Fields marked "Required" are checked on submit, not save.

2. There is a "will save" event and it can check stuff, but not prevent saving.

You could add your own save button that checked, however, I'm not convinced it could save.

In practice, people often want to save an incomplete form and return to it later, so consider whether you really want to stop this anyway.

• 2. Re: Check that all required fields are filled before saving.
            l3ill Bryant Level 1

Hello, Thanks for responding.

I really appreciate it.

These are forms that I use personally.

I am required to submit these forms, as many of us are without errors.

So this wouldn't be a problem, I just wanted a script to disallow me the

Ability to save a form with errors or blank required fields.

I can see where this could be a problem though. So if there was just a

Script to check that all required fields were filled in but maybe triggered

By a button that would pretty much solve my dilemma. I'm not too familiar

With the will save feature. Anymore help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you, again

William