2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2013 9:15 AM by areohbee

LrForceInitPlugin - plugin may be reloaded upon *every* export.

areohbee Level 5

Just a note: if LrForceInitPlugin is set to true and "Reload plugin on each export" is checked, the plugin will be reloaded upon *every* export, even those seemingly un-related, like vanilla hard-drive exports that don't involve it. - just so ya know..

(the same is *NOT* true if "Reload plugin on each export" is checked, but LrForceInitPlugin is not set to true)

• 1. Re: LrForceInitPlugin - plugin may be reloaded upon *every* export.
          DawMatt Level 3

I have a number of plugins that define metadata tagsets. This used to be a good way in older versions (LR2) to achieve functionality similar to LrForceInitiPlugin.

One side effect of this approach was the plugins defining the tagsets would be reloaded whenever any plugin defining a tagset was reloaded. I suspect the same would be the case if you had plugins that defined plugin specific metadata i.e. reloading any of them might reload the others.

Could you be tripping over an issue like that? I'm wondering if the behaviour you are seeing is a factor of the features used in the plugin you testing this with, or is it an undocumented side effect of the LrForceInitPlugin. What type of plugin did you test with and did it include any metadata tagsets or define any custom metadata? It would be good to get this documented whichever way this turns out.

Matt

• 2. Re: LrForceInitPlugin - plugin may be reloaded upon *every* export.
            areohbee Level 5

Thanks Matt,

Matt Dawson wrote:

Could you be tripping over an issue like that?

Very likely so...

Most recent data point: a plugin sans tagsets, sans metadata, with export filter. When doing a hard drive export (which employed said export filter), it was reloading a seemingly unrelated plugin which had export menu items, but nothing else.

My guess: when doing export, Lr looks at all other plugins, and if "reload each export" is checked and force-init is set, it gets reloaded (disable either of those and the auto-reloading behavior is discontinued).

eh?

R