4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2013 10:08 AM by elainecc

Right Click in Elements window crashes Edge

Waxword11

The Elements window in Edge Animate seems to be unstable. When I right-click in the field to modify an asset, Edge often crashes with the resulting error message:

Edge Animate - Exception

An error occurred. Please save your work and restart Edge Animate.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? It happens quite frequently (~7/10 right-clicks)

• 1. Re: Right Click in Elements window crashes Edge
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Hi Waxword11, to better assist the dev team can you provide some further details

- what OS are you using?

- does this symptom occur with ANY project file or a specific file?

- can you provide a .zip version of the project?

Darrell

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Right Click in Elements window crashes Edge
            Waxword11 Level 1

Thanks Darrell. Your website is one of my top Edge Animate bookmarks that I visit.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional

The problem occurs with most project files, but not all of them. Seems more likely when many assets are involved. It specifically occurs when I right-click in the Elements window and duplicate an asset. The error notification does not immediately pop up, and duplication functions just fine. However, when I right-click in the Elements window a second time the error message appears.

This does not always happen. It seems that if I copy and paste something before using the duplicate command, it prevents the error from happening.

Zipped project file on google drive. Let me know if it's inaccessible.

Tim

• 3. Re: Right Click in Elements window crashes Edge
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Thanks Tim - apologies for the innactivity on my site. It's been a few months since my last hang out, here, as aliens (clients) held me captive.

As for your file, using the download option on GD I was able to get it.

While I do not get any errors upon naviagting (click, right-click or duplicate) the Elements Panel, hopefully someone from the dev team will spot this thread and can dig into it and see what is happening.

A couple of things I do notice, though, all the assets from the Assets > Library panel reside in an 'Assets' folder. The default is /images, just throwing it out there - your symptom 'may' be related to this. I know you can override the ouput folder from the .js file, but yours still has the /images variable intact.

Also compounded by the fact you have multiple nested Asset/xxxx folders. Again I suspect some 'manual' tinkering took place that got you this structure - could also be related to the symptom.

Not much to go on, but I wonder if you get this symptom with a project whose Assets > images is left to the default.

Darrell

• 4. Re: Right Click in Elements window crashes Edge
                elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, Tim-

Is there any chance it could be related to the issue brought up in this post?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5208286#5208286

Thanks,

-Elaine