4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2013 1:17 PM by jerry m leever

Sharing photos with Revel

jerry m leever

When I try to share a photo with Revel, I get the error, "The application you shared from has not given us any compatible photos."  Why?

• 1. Re: Sharing photos with Revel
          Pete.Green Adobe Employee

Hi Jerry,

What application are you uploading to Revel from?

Does this happen with all images, or just some specific types?

Revel will be able to accept Jpeg files and no other file type at this time.

Make sure you're attempting to upload a JPEG image file.

Get back to us with more info when you can,

Thanks!

Pete

• 2. Re: Sharing photos with Revel
            jerry m leever Level 1

Hello. Thanks for your response. I'm sorry I wasn't more specific before. I am using photoshop touch on an android (Asus Transformer tf300t).

Here is the process I use in ps touch. I tap the share button, select the photo, within the new dialogue box I select jpeg and then when the new dialogue comes up I select Revel. That's when I receive the error.

When I use the actual Revel importer application,  I am able to upload successfully jpegs that are in the Gallery application that have not been processed through ps touch. However, when I am in the Revel importer application and I access the photos in my ps touch folder in the Gallery application, I get another error message (Import failed) after I select the photo and tap the import button. When I look at the photos in file manager these indicate that they are jpegs.

I hope this additional information helps.

Jerry

• 3. Re: Sharing photos with Revel
              Pete.Green Adobe Employee

Thanks for the extra info Jerry.

I have been able to reproduce the error you're seeing when sharing to the Revel Importer directly from Photoshop Touch on Android. We'll take that up with the product teams to see about a fix for that.

In the meantime, you can certainly just save the .jpg to your gallery and then launch the Revel Importer as a second step and upload to Revel directly from the importer.

Perhaps not ideal, but will that work for you in the meantime?

Thanks for the report,

Pete

• 4. Re: Sharing photos with Revel
                jerry m leever Level 1

Thank you. That will work. I wish i would have thought of that. Jerry

Re: Sharing photos with Revel

created by Pete.Green in Adobe Photoshop Touch for tablet - View the full discussion

Thanks for the extra info Jerry.

I have been able to reproduce the error you're seeing when sharing to the Revel Importer directly from Photoshop Touch on Android. We'll take that up with the product teams to see about a fix for that.

In the meantime, you can certainly just save the .jpg to your gallery and then launch the Revel Importer as a second step and upload to Revel directly from the importer.

Perhaps not ideal, but will that work for you in the meantime?

Thanks for the report,

Pete