Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find TOC Composer in RH 7 HTML

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2007 Nov 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, all.

I'm a newbie to RoboHelp altogether, but I've got plenty of documentation. I'm trying to add a new book, but I cannot find a TOC composer, or anything like it anywhere in the UI. Am I hallucinating? I'm using RH7 HTML. I'm able to add a new topic, and create a new folder for it, but when I compile and generate output there's no new book for the topic.

Help!

Thank you!

Jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy! In the left pane, where you see all your topics, there are 4 icons (tiny, but there) at the top of the list. One, when you hover over it, says Toggle Project Manager View. It's the first icon, a folder with a blue something in front of it. Click on it, and you'll see the TOC item on the collapsed menu. Right -Click on TOC, to add a new one, or if there is one there already, double click on it to expand the TOC in a new pane that opens up in the middle.

Holler if you need more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You can save a little time with the Auto Create TOC feature - have you found that? Rather than maintaining your TOC as you create topics, let the Auto Create duplicate your folder / topic structure and then edit it as necessary (change chapter titles, attach topics to section titles, remove unwanted topics and sections, etc.) I always find it is easier to take away than to start from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp