2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2007 11:15 AM by lmarden

Can't find TOC Composer in RH 7 HTML

jdfranklin
      Greetings, all.

I'm a newbie to RoboHelp altogether, but I've got plenty of documentation. I'm trying to add a new book, but I cannot find a TOC composer, or anything like it anywhere in the UI. Am I hallucinating? I'm using RH7 HTML. I'm able to add a new topic, and create a new folder for it, but when I compile and generate output there's no new book for the topic.

Help!

Thank you!

Jerry
        • 1. Re: Can't find TOC Composer in RH 7 HTML
          lmarden Level 2
          Easy! In the left pane, where you see all your topics, there are 4 icons (tiny, but there) at the top of the list. One, when you hover over it, says Toggle Project Manager View. It's the first icon, a folder with a blue something in front of it. Click on it, and you'll see the TOC item on the collapsed menu. Right -Click on TOC, to add a new one, or if there is one there already, double click on it to expand the TOC in a new pane that opens up in the middle.

Holler if you need more help.
          • 2. Re: Can't find TOC Composer in RH 7 HTML
            lmarden Level 2
            You can save a little time with the Auto Create TOC feature - have you found that? Rather than maintaining your TOC as you create topics, let the Auto Create duplicate your folder / topic structure and then edit it as necessary (change chapter titles, attach topics to section titles, remove unwanted topics and sections, etc.) I always find it is easier to take away than to start from scratch.