2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2007 6:30 PM by Sly Raskal

Flex Builder prematurely expriing??

Sly Raskal
      Earlier today I installed Flex Builder 3 Beta 2 on XP running on my MacBook Pro.

After getting home and rebooting my laptop, the program said that it had already expired. I have been having issues with the time on my machine not being set properly when I do not have an internet connection. That probably contributed to the premature expiration of the program.

I tried reinstalling the application and it still says it's expired.

Is there anything I can do to be able to use Flex Builder 3 Beta 2?

Would my license for Flex Builder 2 work for the beta of Flex Builder 3?
        • 1. Re: Flex Builder prematurely expriing??
          Peter deHaan Level 4
          Sly,

Yes, I believe that entering your FB2 serial number into the FB3 beta will extend the trial period. If you have any problems, let us know and we can investigate further.

Peter
          • 2. Re: Flex Builder prematurely expriing??
            Sly Raskal Level 1
            Thanks for the info.

You aren't going to believe this.

Yesterday I must have reinstalled the program 4 times and it never worked.

Everytime I installed the program it would say it was expired so I would enter in my FB2 license info, and then try to open a project or create one, and whenever I opened an MXML file, a tab would open up that was titled "MXML File" and it would be all gray, but it would never open the file. And it did that all 4 times I installed the program. And everytime I would shut the program down and reopen it, I was prompted that the program had expired even though I had entered the license info already. So after the 4th time I gave up.

Today on the ride home I opened up Flex Builder 3 again and to my amazement it opened up just fine! I didn't even do anything. I have no idea what the heck happened.

If the problem returns I'll post up the issue again. Thanks for the resonse though.