1 Reply Latest reply on May 8, 2013 2:02 AM by lesavage

HTTPRequest

andrewGP9

First time I'm using the HTTPRequest class to communicate with a server....

So I've imported the com.adobe.awsi library and making a simple GET request works fine.

var request:HttpRequest = new HttpRequest(HttpRequest.GET, "http://myurl.here", "");

request.perform(function(response:HttpResponse){

trace(response);

});

But making a POST request is a bit more puzzling, since I don't see how I can send along the document body as part of the request.

var request:HttpRequest = new HttpRequest(HttpRequest.POST, "http://myurl.here", "");

var str:String = "Send this string as part of my POST request";    

request.perform(function(response:HttpResponse){

trace(response);

});

Any ideas where I add that str?

• 1. Re: HTTPRequest
          lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi andrewGP9,

In CS Extension Builder we provide a CS Extension sample called 'Polyglot'. In CS Extension Builder choose File -> Import -> Adobe Creative Suite Extension Builder > Remote Creatove Suite SDK Examples

Click Next and select 'Polyglot'.

In the source code for Polyglot, open AppController and function useGoogleApis. Although the request is a GET, you will see the following syntax:

request.setParam("v","1.0");

request.setParam("q",text);

This syntax can also be used for adding parameters to a POST request.

For further information, please refer to the API documentation which is available in CS Extension Builder through Help > CS Extension Builder Start Page > Learn More > Docs and API Reference > Adobe Web Services Infrastructure Library API Reference

I hope this helps,

Lea