4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 4:36 AM by KE at Save the Children

Trouble downloading attachments

KE at Save the Children

Hello,

We are having issues downloading attachments while on a smaller screened computer (such as a laptop).  On a large monitor it works fine but smaller screens bump you up to the top of the list each time you click the down arrow next to the attachment and you can never click the down arrow  to download. Is this a known problem?  And are there any known issues with different browser versions/types?  I noticed today for instance using Mozilla upon form submission repeatedly gave me an error.

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Trouble downloading attachments
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

Please provide additional information:

- Do you have multiple attachments per field or just one attachment per field when you try to download?  - I believe you, as the form author, are in FormsCentral/View Responses and trying to download the attachment that your respondents have attached.

- When you say: "I noticed today for instance using Mozilla upon form submission repeatedly gave me an error."  - this sounds like you, as a respondent, got an error message when you tried to attach a document while filling out the form, is this correct?

If you could provide screenshots of both cases will be great.

Thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: Trouble downloading attachments
            KE at Save the Children Level 1

Hi Lucia,

Thank you for your reply. I’m the Adobe Forms license holder and administrator.

For your first question, yes I was in View Responses and yes there were multiple attachments in the attachment field, that’s how your form attachment fields work right?  I saw no restriction there and so we’ve urged our respondents to upload as many as they’d like.  There is no error message simply that your view responses tab is so large (the header row particularly) that when you try to click to download an attachment it bounces you back to the top of the view responses list and you can no longer see the row you were on until you scroll down again but then it repeats the behavior.  This appears to be some anomaly/bug that makes downloading attachments on a laptop (nearly? We haven’t figured it out…) impossible.

I was filling it out as a test respondent and received the error.  I’ll have to reproduce at home with Mozilla, and I’ll email separately.  Could you just confirm whether or not the Adobe Forms Central software has any known issues with certain browsers?

Thanks,

Kimberly

• 3. Re: Trouble downloading attachments
              Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

HI,

Thank you for the detailed informatoin.

>> For your first question, yes I was in View Responses and yes there were multiple attachments

Yes, I was able to reproduce the problem and we are looking into this issue.

The workaround is, just click on the attachments cell (ignore the scrolling up/down) as if you are selecting the entire cell and then right click, you will see a list of items there, select "Download Selected", then click on "Download" button.  This will download all your attachments in a zip file.

>>I was filling it out as a test respondent and received the error.

Were you able to reproduce this problem, I am not able to reproduce it. Did you try on on Win or Mac and what version of Mozila?

>>Could you just confirm whether or not the Adobe Forms Central software has any known issues with certain browsers?

We are not aware of any incompatibility issues with the desktop browsers. I will investigate more on this and if there is any, I will inform you.

Thanks,

Lucia

updated

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Trouble downloading attachments
                KE at Save the Children Level 1

Hi Lucia,

That's great news thank you for looking into the problem, we really appreciate it.  It's time consuming to have to switch to a larger monitor to get the files!

I will try to reproduce my second issue today.

Thank you again!