6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2013 1:03 PM by alistairgillan

Poster images being created automatically

mobly Level 3

In the last few test animations I've created, a poster image is being created without me wanting it! Have I inadvertantly checked something that creates a poster image for me? Coz I want to switch it off! It's a real pain as once the poster is created it's impossible to get a .OAM to start with a "blank/transparent" start with out actually creating a blank transparent .png file.

Or is this a glitch, any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Poster images being created automatically

I have the same problem then place the .oam file to InDesign for DPS

• 2. Re: Poster images being created automatically
            mobly Level 3

just bumping this up, still have the problem. No one else?

Where are all the staff? no reply from anyone in days... All preparing for Max or something?

• 3. Re: Poster images being created automatically
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

As far as I am aware, the Poster only exists when its invoked - either from the Property Panel or from the Publish Settings.

I have not seen this symptom, personally - are you sure you never clicked the Poster icon command?

• 4. Re: Poster images being created automatically
                elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, Alistair-

Internal deadlines, sorry.  Off the top of my head, OAM files require a poster image to display to the user if it doesn't autoplay in the doc, so if you don't have one, we will create one for you.  However, if you want to swap that out, you can easily unpack the OAM file (it's a ZIP file with a special manifest file) and swap out the poster image for your own.  YMMV (your mileage may vary) if you go that route, though.  Caveat emptor.

Hope that helps.

• 5. Re: Poster images being created automatically
                  sarhunt Adobe Employee

Hey Alistair,

As Elaine pointed out a poster is a requirement. However, there is something you can do to workaround:

In Photoshop create a 1x1 transparent PNG graphic.

Bring this into your Animate composition.

In the publish settings for Animate Deployment Package, point the poster image to be your new transparent PNG.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Poster images being created automatically
                    alistairgillan Level 1

Hi Elaine

Hmm, not sure I can agree with that, though I say that most humbly!

I've been creating lots of circles that flip, and as they go on a image background they need to have a transparent background, so I've not selected a poster image, and its been fine until maybe last week, I just found all of a sudden that a poster image was being created, it's actually easy to fix by just opening the poster image that has been created and delete the content and make it transparent, but my point is that I haven't had to do that.

Darrell I've been looking for adding a poster in the publish setting, I seem to remember it in V1, but has it not disappeared in V1.5?

The only different thing at the moment is I'm using 2 different png's for the front and back flip, where as when I didn't have a problem I was using 2 circles created in animate, with live text one side and an illustration for the other side, anyway I can't see why that would make a difference, but you never know!