4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2013 8:22 AM by TᴀW

Missing Open type small caps

Lars Bo Zhou Yi Level 1

Hi-

I am using the Arno Pro font which gives the option "Open Type small caps" on my friends ID 5.5.

However, on my ID 6.0 it only gives the option to choose "Open Type all small caps".

The font seems to be properly installed, why can it be it is not there? LarsUdklip.JPG

• 1. Re: Missing Open type small caps
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You should see a choice for Small Caps, second in the list. That will use the built-in small caps in any font that has them, such as Arno Pro.

• 2. Re: Missing Open type small caps
            Lars Bo Zhou Yi Level 1

Is this new in CS6? because I'm sure I have seen an option to choose Open Type small caps in earlier versions.

• 3. Re: Missing Open type small caps
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

It's been this way since at least CS3.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Missing Open type small caps
                TᴀW Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hold on. There's always been an option to choose between all small caps,

and mixed caps/small caps, and that still exists in CS6.

The "small caps" button on the control panel will give you small caps,

whereas control panel>OpenType>All small caps will give you "all small

caps".

Alternatively, the flyout from the character palette gives you "small

caps", whereas if you choose OpenType from that flyout, you'll see the

option for "all small caps".

Third option: In the character style dialog, the dropdown by "case"

gives you the option for "Small Caps" and "OpenType All Small Caps".

The point to note here is that both options are (somewhat misleadingly)

giving you REAL OpenType small caps, if available in the font (and the

font is properly made, which Arno Pro is!). The only difference is that

one is caps&smallcaps, and the other is all small caps.

Ariel