1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 10, 2013 12:17 PM by Rick Gerard

Online Web ads

areynoldsdh1 Level 1

Hi,  This is a fairly generic question regarding the production of online web ads. (leader board / MPUs etc)  I'm currently looking into training to be able to produce animated online web ads but I'm not sure where to start.  I have working knowledge of Photoshop, Dreamweaver & After Effects and wondered if there is a way to produce these using these packages?  As far as I understand Apple iPads & iPhones don't support .swf files and are now slowly becoming redundant (I've heard HTML 5 is now being used more & more?)  If so is HTML 5 generally the professional standard now and what is the best way to produce this?  Thanks in advance,  Andy

• 1. Re: Online Web ads
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can produce just about anything you want with these Adobe apps. You just have to decide what you want. A good forum on web advertising and the changing standards would be a good place to start. I don't do many of these but any that I have done have been animated gifs produced with a combination of AE, Photoshop and Fireworks. I am using html5 to embed videos and build mobile compatible content. Adobe's tools work well for that. You just have to figure out what your clients need and what the folks selling the ad space will accept. This is probably not the right forum for that.