3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2013 10:47 AM by Josh_Corey

insert time as numeric value within field

dcs68dsdfs

How would I have the form automatically insert the time for example into a text field. I ultimately am trying to create a unique order number value that will  (don't have to be sequential or anything) and thought maybe I could format the time of submission.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,.

D

• 1. Re: insert time as numeric value within field
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

The time submitted is automatically added as the first row in the Response table on the View Responses tab.  You could use that field and you are able to select how the time submitted is formatted by (when you have a response in the form) clicking on a time submitted in the column and selecting the "Table" tools along the toolbar where you can then change the time format.

Hope this is useful, we do not support any other type of "unique ID" for the submissions.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: insert time as numeric value within field
            dcs68dsdfs Level 1

Thanks Josh,

Is it possible to have this field populate in the form after submission. For example if I wanted this to show up as an order # (so to speak) and after thge form was submitted it would be included when I printed the form.

Thanks,

Derek

• 3. Re: insert time as numeric value within field
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

The time would not be included in the form itself (if you saved a PDF of the response that data would not be included) but you are able to download the responses as an Excel spreadsheet which does include the time submitted.

I am not sure if this would be helpful, but you can set it up so you recieve email notifications which can include the form data, in the email notification there is a line for "Total Responses:", which if you do not delete existing responses should give you a unique # per submission if you printed out those notifications.

Thanks,

Josh