4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2013 1:23 AM by dcollie

    login page changed

    jeff-null

      One of my author servers had the login page change from /libs/cq/core/content/login.html to /libs/crx/core/content/login.html  and I'm trying to figure out why.  Nothing else on the server has changed, other than content being added and components under /apps being modified.   I've seen mentions of a JVM upgrade causing similar issues, we haven't changed the JVM on this server.

       

      I checked for a vanity url on the two login.html pages (cq and crx), and neither one has a vanity url specified, although both have the sling:VanityPath mixin type.  But this is identical to other servers where the login page is normal, and no one has touched that in any case.

       

      Is there anything else I should look for?

        • 1. Re: login page changed
          dcollie Adobe Employee

          Hi Jeff,

           

          Couple of things to look at in the first instance.   Check that the runmode is set as you expect.  Also check the "/libs/crx/core/content/welcome " node, and ensure that the vanityOrder is 100 (which should be lower than the CRX one).

           

          Thanks -- David

          • 2. Re: login page changed
            berliant Level 1

            Just to add to the previous post-reply. Default configuration is the following:

            At /libs/crx/core/content/welcome

            • sling:vanityOrder set to 900
            • if you see sling:vanityPath set to “/welcome” you can remove it

            At /libs/cq/core/content/welcome

            • sling:vanityOrder set to 1000
            • verify that  sling:vanityPath property set t0 “/welcome”
            • 3. Re: login page changed
              jeff-null Level 1

              Thanks David, it turned out that the runmode being set incorrectly was in fact the problem.

               

              Two rants about this.

               

              First, the runmode being set incorrectly - in my case, not at all - subtly breaks various things.  Beyond the login page, it breaks workflows and publishing in somewhat non-obvious ways.  You don't get errors, things just don't work.  Given this, why isn't the runmode shown more prominently?  You need to dig down into the console to check what the runmode is at all.

               

              Second, the way this got broken is pretty horrifficly easy: I added a property.   Using the default startup script, the command that is ultimately executed to start the server is

              java -server -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar app/cq-quickstart-5.5.0-standalone.jar start -c . -i launchpad -p 4502 -Dsling.run.modes=author

              For an unrelated problem, I was advised to add an additional system property, so my command line changed to

              java -server -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar app/cq-quickstart-5.5.0-standalone.jar start -c . -i launchpad -p 4502 -Dsling.run.modes=author -Dcom.day.crx.persistence.tar.IndexMergeDelay=0

              However, the launchpad app apparently only handles a single -Dname=value argument and all but the last one are dropped.  This command line doesn't set the author mode at all.

               

              It works perfectly fine to specify these system properties to the jvm directly:

              java -server -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsling.run.modes=author -Dcom.day.crx.persistence.tar.IndexMergeDelay=0 -jar app/cq-quickstart-5.5.0-standalone.jar start -c . -i launchpad -p 4502

               

              So why is there an alternate implementation of handling property setting that looks the same but is badly broken?

              • 4. Re: login page changed
                dcollie Adobe Employee

                Hi Jeff,

                 

                Are you using the Batch/Shell script to start?   From your java command, the -D options must come before the path to the JAR file, so it would be (note the moved sling.run.modes):

                 

                java -server -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsling.run.modes=author -jar app/cq-quickstart-5.5.0-standalone.jar start -c . -i launchpad -p 4502

                 

                Have a look at your script, the following options in bold were added to the 'START_OPTS' variable instead of the 'CQ_JVM_OPTS' variable in some earlier versions of the script:

                 

                if defined CQ_PORT            set START_OPTS=%START_OPTS% -p %CQ_PORT%

                if defined CQ_INTERFACE       set START_OPTS=%START_OPTS% -a %CQ_INTERFACE%

                if defined CQ_RUNMODE         set %CQ_JVM_OPTS=%%CQ_JVM_OPTS% -Dsling.run.modes=%CQ_RUNMODE%

                if defined CQ_HOST            set %CQ_JVM_OPTS=%%CQ_JVM_OPTS% -Dorg.apache.felix.http.host=%CQ_HOST%

                if defined CQ_USE_JAAS        set %CQ_JVM_OPTS=%%CQ_JVM_OPTS% -Djava.security.auth.login.config=%CQ_JAAS_CONFIG%

                if not defined CQ_JARFILE     for %%X in (app\*.jar) do set CQ_JARFILE=%%X

                 

                That might be the problem.

                 

                Cheers -- David