• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't uninstall adobe flash

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Roxio Creator on my computer and get an error message that indicates a problem with adobe flash, so I tried to update flash and that installation fails as well because it says that a newer version is already installed (it's not the newest version...it's 11.6.602.180).  So I tried the adobe flash uninstaller and it uninstalls my firefox flash but not the one for IE.  The uninstaller appears to work, but when I test the version using IE, it still shows 11.6.602.180.  There is nothing listed in add/remove programs, so I am lost as to how to uninstall it so that I can install the current version.

IE is version 10.0.9200.16519

I am running Windows 8 64-bit and it appears that the IE version of flash is the problem.  Rebooting between the unistall and reinstall has no effect.  I have also tried to boot into safe mode to remove and reinstall, but the same issues as above.  I have tried to uninstall/install by right clicking the files and running as administrator but that doesn't help either.  I have also tried to disable all startup items in msconfig as well as using task manager's startup page.  I have also tried disabling all add--ons in IE.

Any other suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Flash Player updates for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 will be provided by Microsoft though the Windows automatic update feature.

In the list of updates, you will need to choose " udate for internet explorer flash player for windows 8 "

It will install flash player 11.7 for IE 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines