- Go to File>new>blank file, enter width & height, resolution 300px/in, background color to suit. This will be your canvas.
- Open the bar code JPEG, and drag it from the photobin to the work area
- Get the magic wand tool out of the toolbox. On the tool's option bar, uncheck contiguous. Click on a white area on the bar code, and hit delete on the keyboard.
- Press CTRL+D to get rid of the marching ants
- Use the move tool to position the bar code
The document of the page which will be the back cover of the book is 5” by 8” but on the work area it shows up as 3.5” wide by 5.75” height. The dimensions of the bar code is 1.75 by 1.25. When I drag the bar code to the work area right on to the document, it’s wider than the document. If it’s not on the document it’s about 1” square. I have no idea why this is happening and have no idea how to fix it. If it’s possible, instead of doing this by email can we do it over the phone? I’m in CST zone and it’s 9:20 and I’ll be going to bed around 10. I will be available every afternoon from 12:30 to 4:30 and after 7:30 PM every night.