1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 10, 2013 5:05 PM by Ned Murphy

Using AS3 to resize a movie clip (in my game it is the life bar)

Charine -FB buggoop Level 1

S O L V E D thanks.

In addition to my document class, I have created classes for objects in my game.

One of these is a class of a rectangle that has to scale down as the timer in my document class runs.

So far I have managed to change the following (on other mc's) with the timer in place: alpha value and the position of the movie clip.

My code for this class so far:

{

import flash.display.MovieClip;

public class TimerMiddle extends MovieClip

{

public function TimerMiddle()

{

x = 1242;

y = 300;

}

}

}

I think the next step in this class file would be to make a new public function to manipulate the scale timer bar called TimerMiddle. I want the width to stay the same, but the height to decrease as the TimerEvent runs. I have made sure that the referance point is at the bottom of the rectangle.

How do I change the scale of the rectangle to indicate that the player's life goes down as the time runs out? I'm not sure if I change the height of the vertical bar, the scale or it I use tweening (And how to inplement any of the three.)

What should I import into my document class once the best option is picked?

Thanks for the help

Thanks it works now.

Added this to code

public function scaleLifeBar():void

{

height = height - 10;

}

I think my timer ran to fast to see it work before LOL. Coding brings out my inner idiot sometimes.