1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 11, 2013 1:56 PM by Jeff A Wright RSS

cloud how does it work?

Arrakis Community Member

Im a bit unclear about how creative cloud works.   If I join will the apps actually be on my computer or in the cloud?   If they are on my computer do they work with a serial key for as long as my membership is current or something?

Also do I need to uninstall my current adobe suite before downloading the cloud ones??

• 1. Re: cloud how does it work?
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Arrakis the applications are still installed on your computer.  Please see http://forums.adobe.com/message/4396277#4396277?tstart=0 for information on how to download and install the Adobe Creative Cloud applications.

In regards to needing a serial number this is not necessary.  You will need to sign in with your Adobe ID tied to your subscription however.  Once signed in the Adobe applications will periodically check your subscription status.  You will want to make sure that you have regular access to the Internet to allow your applications to remain activated.

Finally there is no need to remove the previous versions of the Adobe Creative software you currently have installed.  You may even want to still utilize these applications as you begin to adjust to the new workflows available in our latest Adobe Creative applications.