Step 1. Recover and restore deleted or lost PSD files including corrupted ones
First of all, you shall find a way to get the deleted, lost or corrupted PSD pictures or image files back. Powerful PSD file recovery software from EaseUS will help you do the job within simple clicks on all Windows systems (Windows 10/8/7 etc):
This software supports you to restore all lost Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/2016/2016 etc PSD files or other images and pictures with simple clicks.
1. Free download and install EaseUS PSD file recovery software on your Windows PC;
2. Launch EaseUS PSD file recovery software and select location where you lost PSD files, click Scan;
3. Let this software to scan and find deleted or lost PSD files and even corrupted images with Quick Scan and Deep Scan mode; Select found PSD files and click Recover to restore all found PSD files to a safe spot in PC.
After this, you can try to reuse found PSD files in Adobe Photoshop again. If some found files are inaccessible or Photoshop warns you that the PSD files were corrupted, relax! In Step 2, we’ll show you how to repair corrupted PSD files and make them reusable again.
Step 2. Repair corrupted PSD files/Fix corrupted PSD files
You can firstly launch and run Adobe Photoshop to check out whether the PSD file is corrupted or not;
If Adobe Photoshop cannot read the damaged or corrupted PSD file, don’t worry and let’s see how to fix the problem:
Method 1. Repair corrupted PSD from the previous version
- 1. Right-click corrupted or damaged PSD files and select the option: Restore previous versions;
- 2. Find an earlier version of the damaged or corrupted PSD file, and select Restore;
- 3. Click Restore to confirm the order;
- 4. Run Photoshop and open the restored PSD file again, click OK when a message pops up to warn that some text layers contain fonts are missing...
- 5. Check all layers and remark the lost part with layers and save them as a new PSD file.
Method 2. Restore corrupted PSD from .temp file
- 1. Go to Photoshop and click on File;
- 2. Click Open and change the file extension from .temp to .psd;
- 3. Click Open and then you’ll be able to see your unsaved work again;
- 4. Save restored corrupted PSD files from the .temp file into .psd on your PC then.
After this, you’ve successfully restored and repaired corrupted PSD files. Now that you can reuse and continue your job with found Adobe Photoshop PSD files again.