3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 8:07 PM by Sean_Wilson

return user to dir movie after watching youtube video

MECS Level 1

How can I return the user to the point within my direcctor movie after they click a link to watch my video on youtube?

Windows 7  64 bit  Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.4GHZ   16 GB RAM

Thanks.

Dewey

• 1. Re: return user to dir movie after watching youtube video
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Your desciption is pretty opaque. Let's start with: is your Director movie running on the desktop, or in a browser via the Shockwave Player?

• 2. Re: return user to dir movie after watching youtube video
            MECS Level 1

Well, let's see if we can make it a bit more transparent.  When a visitor clicks to play a video on my Website, they are actually clicking a link supplied by YouTube when I uploaded  the video.  That way, I don't have to embed the videos in my Website.  YouTube is kind enough to host them for you, and the visitor simply hops over to YouTube and watches it there.  They don't know they have left my Website but soon discover that they have because once the video is over, they are still there.  They will likely hang around watching videos on YouTube and I will have lost a potential sale.  So, the code I am searching for is one to return the customer to my Website when the video stops, preferrably to the page, and the spot on the page, they left from.  I can't answer "what" the videos are playing in because I don't know how YouTube handles their videos. I assume it's playing in a browser.

I apologize for not responding sooner.  I always appreciate someone taking the time to try to lend assistance and don't like to just leave them hanging.  But this problem is for an upcoming design project, and another peoblem arose that is urgent, so I quickly switched focus to that one.  It still exists, by the way, so I will likely be back telling you about that one, also very shortly.  I won't double up on you and firehose you with both problems at the present time.

Nice to hear from you again.

Dewey

• 3. Re: return user to dir movie after watching youtube video
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Sorry, but once you've taken them to youtube you've lost them. You'll haver to look there for an API that (potentially) mines the referrer and returns them when finished. Either that, or (probably easier) embed the videos in your Shockwave presentation.