6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2013 5:16 PM by kevin4545

How can I save my adjusments without clicking Done?

kevin4545 Level 1

In ACR,

How can I save my adjusments without clicking Done?

• 1. Re: How can I save my adjusments without clicking Done?
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

You can create a snapshot of the settings...you can save out the settings as a preset...but the only way to save the adjustments to an image is to hit Done. Perhaps you could explain what you hope to accomplish?

• 2. Re: How can I save my adjusments without clicking Done?
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you mean you are wanting to save your adjustments file-by-file as you work on them without exiting ACR via Done and then having to go back into ACR from Bridge, each time?  I don’t know as you can that.  For Cancel to undo all adjustments for the batch of images, there can’t be something else that saves the adjustments incrementally for individual images.  Of course you’re in trouble if you accidentally hit Cancel after doing a batch of edits and lose everything.

The Bridge/ACR workflow was developed many years ago and is pretty simple-minded.

An alternative would be using Lightroom that remembers each adjustment as you do it and stores it in a permanent history so the adjustments are saved immediately but also can be undone, last-to-first, at any point in the future, for a particular image.

• 3. Re: How can I save my adjusments without clicking Done?
              Yammer Level 4

Save settings as a Snapshot; click Image Settings from the fly-out menu (on the right of the panel title); click Done.

Okay, I clicked Done, but I didn't change anything.

If you want an alternative processing job without changing your settings, press Alt before clicking Open and the button changes to "Open Copy". You convert with the current settings, but the settings aren't saved.

• 4. Re: How can I save my adjusments without clicking Done?
                kevin4545 Level 1

Thanks Jeff/ others.

Jeff:

I'm working on 40 Raw images lets say.

I'm fine tuning a couple of sliders one by one, and by image #20, 15 mintues have passed.

If the computer crashes or I accidently click cancel, or who knows what, I have to open up them up again (from Bridge) and tediously start over.

There is no current way to save what I'm doing as I go along?

(I do have LR— but I use LR mostly for web galleries — never used it for RAW yet)

• 5. Re: How can I save my adjusments without clicking Done?
                  Jeff Schewe Level 5

Ah, ok...(but you shouldn't be crashing). In that case, in the ACR Flyout menu select Export Settings to XMP...that will create an xmp sidecar file and save the settings or embed the xmp settings in a DNG, TIFF or JPEG.

Even if you crash, the settings will have been saved.

• 6. Re: How can I save my adjusments without clicking Done?
                    kevin4545 Level 1

thanks Jeff, did a test worked. I forced quit PS and it saved.