12 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2008 7:50 AM by hardlyworking

RH6 Project Name Change

cliff310
      I used the method of File > Project Name Change, I went to the Project Settings and changes there.. I right clicked and changed the names of files as a last resort... everything says the new Project Name, although when I generate it....the old one is used mixed with the new. Why is this happening.. How can I change the Project Name and ensure this will not happen?
        • 1. Re: RH6 Project Name Change
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          First off, there is no reason why you would have to manually rename a file. This is exactly what the File > Project Name Change function does in any case. If you are extra careful about losing stuff like me, take a backup first.

OK I assume you are producing webhelp. Is your default topic named after the old project name? If so, rename it in the file properties dialog and re-generate. If this doesn't help can you provide some more detail of which files still have the old project name. BTW it shouldn't matter if they do unless (like me again) you are extremely neat.
          • 2. Re: RH6 Project Name Change
            cliff310 Level 1
            Ok, what it is, is when I generate it shows the following

C:\Documents and Settings\C1000393\Desktop\online help\GSK_ESS_MSS_HRSS_Online_Help.htm

Now where it starts at GSK that is the start of the new title and the Online Help at the end before .htm is the remaing.. for some reason it is adding that ESS MSS HRSS part on its own.. and I can not figure out why... I mean everything works but it just bugs me that, that is added.... and I can not figure out why... the project started off as ESS MSS HRSS.. then I changed the name to GSK Online Help.. but now it moved the GSK to the front placed the old project name in the center and it bugs me....
            • 3. Re: RH6 Project Name Change
              cliff310 Level 1
              Ok, what it is, is when I generate it shows the following

C:\Documents and Settings\C1000393\Desktop\online help\GSK_ESS_MSS_HRSS_Online_Help.htm

Now where it starts at GSK that is the start of the new title and the Online Help at the end before .htm is the remaing.. for some reason it is adding that ESS MSS HRSS part on its own.. and I can not figure out why... I mean everything works but it just bugs me that, that is added.... and I can not figure out why... the project started off as ESS MSS HRSS.. then I changed the name to GSK Online Help.. but now it moved the GSK to the front placed the old project name in the center and it bugs me....
              • 4. Re: RH6 Project Name Change
                Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
                First page of the generate wizard, first field.

• 5. Re: RH6 Project Name Change
                  cliff310 Level 1
                  It says GSK Online Help

that is why I am not seeing where it is taking this info from.. I have read all the help files and did everything possible but for some reason it still adds that
                  • 6. Re: RH6 Project Name Change
                    hardlyworking
                    I'm using RH7 and am having the same problem. When I view the end product, the title bar for the window displays the old name. Is the Project Name Change command not changing all the necessary files? Which file holds the name for the window title bar?
                    • 7. Re: RH6 Project Name Change
                      Ben Minson Level 2
                      This is a limited case, but if you're using context-sensitive help with WebHelp or FlashHelp and have specified window parameters, there is a field in the Window dialog that specifies the text that will show up in the browser title bar. If that's what you're using, check there.

--Ben
                      • 8. Re: RH6 Project Name Change
                        hardlyworking Level 1
                        I'm not using the context-sensitve. But that sounds like what I'm looking for. I know there must be a file that contains the text string and it's not being updated. I wonder if I can change it manually?
                        • 9. Re: RH6 Project Name Change
                          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
                          Create a new layout and generate the help from that. What happens then?

• 10. Re: RH6 Project Name Change
                            HKabaker Level 2
                            Here's a longshot:

In Project Set-up, Windows, the default is NewWindow. Do you have another window set up?

If not, look at the settings for NewWindow. Does it say anything besides NewWindow there?

Harvey
                            • 11. Re: RH6 Project Name Change
                              Ben Minson Level 2
                              Sorry I haven't replied sooner--been ill. I believe a manual change would have to take place in the start page (.htm) file in the <title> tags. Do this only as a last resort because you'll have to change it every time you generate your output.
                              • 12. Re: RH6 Project Name Change
                                hardlyworking Level 1
                                Sometimes a long shot wins!

I went to Project/Settings and the old project name was still in "Project Title".

Made corrects and it is worked!