13 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2013 6:19 PM by Pattie F

Usage of Revel

Victor C Pierrot

I used Photoshop.com as an editing source for photos on my computer.  The promo material for this new program sounds like it is only for smartphones.  I do not use my smartphone for photo editing.   Should I get a different photo editing program?

• 1. Re: Usage of Revel
          Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Adobe Revel is a Cloud based photo hosting service accessible via a free photo app for your Mac, iPad, and iPhone as you can edit images in Revel using all 3 of these devices. Currently there is only Adoberevel.com for PC users which does not have the ability to edit photos..

While Revel offers some of the top features from Photoshop.com, it doesn't offer everything.  We know that can be frustrating.  We are working very hard to deliver more capabilities and expand onto new platforms, devices, and file formats. But we need your help.  Please give us your thoughts Adoberevel.com/support on how to make Revel a better product.

Thanks

Scott

• 2. Re: Usage of Revel
            Victor C Pierrot Level 1

Am I paying for this non-service?

Vic Pierrot

• 3. Re: Usage of Revel

Victor,

Adobe Revel is free. You can import as many photos as you want for the first 30 days. Then, you are limited to 50 photo imports every month. If you'd like to import more than 50 photos, consider upgrading to Revel Premium. With Revel Premium, you can imported an unlimited number of photos for $5.99 per month. You can upgrade to Revel Premium by doing an in-app purchase in Revel. For more information about Revel free and premium accounts, see the Revel FAQ.

Scott

• 4. Re: Usage of Revel
                Victor C Pierrot Level 1

Can you recommend another Adobe product that would provide similar photo editing capability to the original Photoshop.com?

Vic Pierrot

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

• 5. Re: Usage of Revel

Victor

Have you tried Photoshop Elements 11? This has many features that you might like.It does have the ability to upload and download images to Revel. Did you ever receive any emails regarding upgrading to Elements 11?

Scott

Photoshop elements:

http://www.adobe.com/go/tryphotoshop_elements/

• 6. Re: Usage of Revel
                    Victor C Pierrot Level 1

No e-mails regarding Elements 11 received.

• 7. Re: Usage of Revel
                      Pattie F Employee Moderator

Victor-

You can still use photoshop.com online photoshop express editor or the photoshop express app if you like them. The change is that you can not save them to Photoshop.com anymore. You can save them to your computer or device and then upload them to Revel if you like.  If you want a program to edit and upload from, you can upload from either Photoshop Elements 11 or Lighroom also.

I hope that helps.

Pattie

• 8. Re: Usage of Revel

Victor

Here is a link you may want to check out that shows several ways to upload to Revel....from PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Elements, and Lightroom.

FAQ: How do I add (upload) files to Revel?

Pattie

• 9. Re: Usage of Revel
                          Victor C Pierrot Level 1

I tried to use Photoshop.com but every time I tried to do an edit I got a message saying I had inadequate memory capability.

Vic Pierrot

• 10. Re: Usage of Revel
                            Victor C Pierrot Level 1

I don't want to use any of those.  I want to do the edits on my laptop and store them there.

Vic Pierrot

• 11. Re: Usage of Revel

You can do edits on your laptop in Photoshop.com online express editor as I believe you used to, but you can not save to Photoshop.com storage anymore because we are migrating files from there to Revel and closing the sharing and storage part of Photoshop.com. Once your files are migrated from Photoshop.com, you can no longer save any new ones to there. You can edit on your laptop and save to your hard disk. You can choose if you want to upload from there to Revel or not using Adoberevel.com.  Is that what you want to do?

Pattie

PS: We do have plans to release Revel for Windows and Android in the future (which should include editing) but don’t have specific timing for their release yet.

• 12. Re: Usage of Revel
                                Victor C Pierrot Level 1

Either I don't know what you are talking about or you don't know what I am talking about.  I always upload from My Pictures in Windows XP to My Library in Photoshop. com and then edit.  However, it won't not let me edit at all.  In fact, it won't let me upload at all. 

Is Photoshop.com online express editor something different?

I have no desire to save share or store anything.  I always edit and then download back to My Pictures.

• 13. Re: Usage of Revel

Because of the changes and discontinuation of photoshop.com storage, you will not be able to save there anymore or upload there. Photoshop Elements is a much more powerful program, as is Lightroom, and is a good option depending on your photo editing needs. Photoshop.com is pretty basic but you can still use it if you like.

Here is a step by step of Photoshop.com editing I was mentioning. I hope it will meet your needs until we have Revel with editing for the PC.

Pattie

go to photoshop.com and login if you are not already logged in using your adobe id.

1 pscom site.jpg

click on either online tools in the top bar and select photoshop express editor or simply click on edit an image next to the pencil icon.

1 upload photo to edit.jpg

Click on UPLOAD PHOTO.  Click UPLOAD and Select a photo from your computer. It will open in the editor.

3 edit pic.jpg

Perform your edits and click DONE when you are ready. Click SAVE to my computer.

4 save to computer.jpg

6 saved.jpg

Click NEXT and DONE.

From there, you can go to Adoberevel.com and upload the file from the location you saved it on your hard drive.

Pattie