• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Adobe Flash Player.pkg to click on in my download.

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't install the latest Flashplayer update. The troubleshooting instructions said to uninstall the existing version of Flashplayer; did that. The installer still didn't work. I tried downloading the install package four times. None of them worked. The troubleshooting instructions told me to open the installer, right-click on the Adobe Flashplayer icon, select "Show package contents," go to "Resources," then double-click on the Adobe Flash Player.pkg.

There is no Adobe Flash Player.pkg in the Resources folder, or in any other folder there. There are only three things in the Resources folder: app.bundle, app.icns, and the en.lproj folder (with only two things in that).

I deleted all of the downloads. then downloaded a new installer from Adobe again. Same results.

No other programs are open when I do this. I close everything before starting the install process.

In each instance, the installer will open, and the progress bar will start but never progress past the 7% mark, at which point a time-out occurs, and my browser re-opens to a Survey from Adobe asking me to rate my experience, and asking whether I was able to accomplish what I was trying to do.

You can imagine my response.

Every time there is an update to Flashplayer from Adobe, it never works. There is always, always trouble of some sort.

I'm on a Mac running OS X version 10.7.5.

I use as my browser Safari version 6.0.3.

I'm trying to install Flashplayer version 11.7.700.169

Thank you for any help you might give me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines