1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 11, 2013 7:12 PM by Curt Y

Working with audio track from video

MarloPix

Hi folks,

I recently started using my DSLR (Nikon D800) to shoot some video.  My wife has several musical projects and I'm just shooting some basic demo videos.  But since these are musical projects, the audio is important.  And while I plug the camera microphone port directly into the mixing board, and get really good audio, I still want to be able to work with the audio track separately to do some basic equalization, volume adjustment, etc.

Photoshop's video handling is pretty basic, and it seems all I can do with the audio track is delete it, adjust the master levels, or add an outside track.

Is there a way I can strip off and save the audio to a separate file and process it with audio software (what software?) so I can then re-add it Photoshop?

Am I approaching this from the wrong angle?  I don't want to spend tons of money on a full video editing package.  Is there audio software that can open the video file and just edit the audio track?

Thanks for any guidance.

• 1. Re: Working with audio track from video
          Curt Y Level 7

There are lots of programs that are a step up from PS video editing.  Adobe Premier Elements probably can do that.  You could get a 30 day free trial and see how it works for you.  An even cheaper program I have used is AVS4You.  You can get a whole suite of programs for a reasonable price. 

There is also MS or Apple editing programs you could investigate, they usually come free with computer.  Never tried stripping the audio so can not say what the capibility is.