8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 5:48 PM by JackHasAProblem

ANIMATION RENDERS BLURY

JackHasAProblem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usHgoErUbnI

SORRY FOR CAPS I'M RENDERING

VIDEO IS PERFECTLY FINE WHEN IN HD/ON DESKTOP BUT HORRIBLY BLURY ON MOBILE (ONLY TESTED ON MY BLACKBERRY)

MADE WITH TRAPCODE FORM

I7 3770K 16GB RAM 2TB

• 1. Re: ANIMATION RENDERS BLURY
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you are looking at the same video on both devices and playing it back from YouTube then your blackberry is not using the same data rate. That's the way YouTube works.

• 2. Re: ANIMATION RENDERS BLURY
            JackHasAProblem Level 1

other channels intros seem to be fine, even the animated ones i looked into the workspace, 32 bit color etc i saw that one was advised by adobe for 'web videos especially cartoons' tried that but it was still the same

• 3. Re: ANIMATION RENDERS BLURY
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, to be brutally honest, it looks crap even when viewing it in HD, which to me means you screwed up your render settings and they don't meet YT's specs. that aside such fine structures don't lend thmeselkves particularly wel lto any form of compression. You might consider using less points in the form grid and larger ones therefore. Also tone down the red. Red has been the bane of all broadcast ever since the beginning and continues to be so since it maxes out the value ranges in teh underlying color psace transforms, having terribel effect on compression.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: ANIMATION RENDERS BLURY
                JackHasAProblem Level 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwkNUdWOdSw

That is the render settings i have used in my past 2 video's since i upgraded to a decent spec computer making the use of after effects possible

i use those as it render's fast, small file sizes and i never lose any quality in my HD videos, if there are any settings which will take longer to render but compress less but still not have a huge file size feel free to advise.

I will try altering the form grid and colour of the waves and let you know how that goes.

i'm trying to improve everything more and more professional each time to one day make a media career here but can't afford to upload massive files 24/7 i've rendered in lossless before and it has turned a 3 minute 1gb video into a 30gb one, i don't believe it's possible to have a lossless intro with the actual video rendered in different settings feel free to prove me wrong

• 5. Re: ANIMATION RENDERS BLURY
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You should be rendering your delivery product with the Adobe Media Encoder. There are many threads on this. h.264 from AE's render cue is limited to single pass. The graphics in you demo absolutely requires multi pass rendering to have any chance of looking decent. If you are headed for YouTube just use the AME YouTube preset for HD. You'll be amazed how well it works.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: ANIMATION RENDERS BLURY
                    Todd_Kopriva Level 8

As Rick says, use the YouTube encoding presets in Adobe Media Encoder (AME). You can add your After Effects composition directly Adobe Media Encoder (either drag and drop from the Project panel into AME or use the command in AME to add an After Effects composition.)

BTW, there is no reason to have Caps Lock on while you're rendering. The point of Caps Lock is to temporarily suspend rendering of previews; but you don't need to do that if you're not showing your Composition panel when rendering. The best thing to do is to dock your Render Queue panel on top of your Composition panel so that the previews aren't being rendered any time that your render queue is processing.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: ANIMATION RENDERS BLURY
                      JackHasAProblem Level 1

Thanks for the tip, i've changed up the intro a bit, 'toned down the red' also changed the audio react delay to 0 i like it a lot more now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB9YrjfDnfE&feature=youtu.be

I rendered in AME (which i will be using all the time now) on the 'youtube HD 1080p 29.97' preset and it's still in very bad playback on my blackberry, even when using my fiber optic wifi instead of 3g normally i wouldn't mind but my youtube analytics tell me that 70percent of my views are on mobile devices and i know most mobiles currently don't have HD options to counter this.

Could this be anything to do with the fact i'm having to render out the text and then put it in the new composition behind the top and bottom layer, maybe it would be improved by me rending out the text project with a transparent background? maybe the colors aren't blending in with settings i am unaware of?

• 8. Re: ANIMATION RENDERS BLURY
                        JackHasAProblem Level 1

Is there a possibility of me not having a background in the text project and just letting these render out naturally making a black background is the problem? i'm thinking this as my most recent video uploaded today i've used trapcode form for my watermark and having that over the video doesn't have any problems in mobile playback at all.