2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2013 3:25 AM by kanolsen RSS

Change PSE cataloge to another computer

kanolsen

I have all my pictures and PSE catalog on a stationary computer, all this is backed up to my server (as echo).

Now I want to upgrade to PSE11 and install it on my server and use it as my primary PSE computer. How do I let PSE know that it should use the same catalogue but the files on my server and not my stationary?

I know about the move function, but I don't want to move all my pictures, as they are already on the server as well, but I just want PSE to know that the address to the files have changed. I know about the reconnect option, but I don't want to use for all my thousands and thousands of pictures.

Thanks in advance.

Kanolsen

• 1. Re: Change PSE cataloge to another computer
          MichelBParis MVP

If I understand well, all you have to do once you have installed PSE11, is to convert the old catalog. In the catalog manager, you choose 'convert' and navigate to your old catalog. That creates a new catalog in the new PSE11 format (without changing the old one) and keeps the original location and properties of your pictures files.

• 2. Re: Change PSE cataloge to another computer
            kanolsen Community Member

Thanks for your help, but that didn't fully help with my problem

My Computer A (stationary) has the catalogue and the pictures. Now I want to install PSE on computer B (server) which has a copy of the catalogue and the pictures.

If I install and convert the catalogue on computer B, I assume it will look for the location on computer A instead of B.

That is my problem, if I was able to describe it better.

Kanolsen