Are you getting error "No permission to copy document" or "no authoriztion to barrow the book"?
Please mention the exact error message.
I, Alex Cross CE_Copy_Not_ALLOWED-No Persmission to copy the book.
Try this solution to fix permission issue:
Modify the manifest.xml file located in My Documents\My Digital
1) Quit Digital Editions
2) Make a backup copy of the manifest.xml (call it something like
3) Open manifest.xml in notepad
4) It will appears as one big long line of xml, and you are looking for a
tag called start at the beginning of this
and select until you the end of the tag that looks called </de:deviceID>
5) If you have attached more than one Reader there may be multiple of
these. Delete all of them to make sure.
6) Save the file (manifest.xml) and quit out of notepad
7) Ensure you have the Reader plugged in
8) Launch Digital Editions
9) The Device Setup Assitant should come up.
a) Do NOT click on the "Don't ask again for this device" checkbox.
b) Do click on the "Authorize Device" button.
[topic moved to ADE forum]