• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer folders where website specific settings.sol files reside, disappear after closing IE8

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In WinXP SP3, Flashplayer folders for visited sites (where website specific settings.sol files reside) disappear after closing IE8 browsers.

Details:

Using Internet Explorer 8 within Windows XP SP3. I have a user that on his computer, under his Windows profile, after exiting all Internet explorer browsers, the contents of his  C:\Documents and Settings\”substitute name of his profile”\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys  folder gets deleted.  All the folders that were created for sites visited with Adobe flash content during the last session of Internet Explorer disappear. Normally that might not be an issue, but he has some sites that he has to change the Adobe Flash cache buffer slider control for those websites to “unlimited” in order for those sites to function efficiently. But being the history folders with their individual edited settings.sol files disappear upon exiting Internet Explorer, he has to perform the Flash player buffer settings alteration every time he enters those sites. Thus far I have not heard that other users in our company have been experiencing this anomaly.  Also other Windows profiles on this person’s same computer do not have the problem either. If I delete this affected person’s Windows profile then let it recreate a new profile for him, then the problem goes away until the next time his Adobe flash player updates, then the problem returns again. Then we have to rebuild his Windows profile again. I was hoping that someone would have a clue on what individual settings in Windows, IE, or Adobe Flash that I might look for to change that could resolve this issue when it occurs, that would no longer involve a full Windows profile rebuild every time.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never heard of such an occurrence, but could it be connected with the "cookie" clearing at browser exit?  See http://forums.adobe.com/message/3685877#3685877 (message 5, if the link doesn't position you correctly).  The link in that message should redirect to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/release-notes-flash-player-10-3.html#main_lso

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also check the Flash Player admin guide if there is some setting in the mms.cfg file that could influence that behavior: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3063

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines