2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2007 9:31 AM by Applied CD

Screen sizes

pxcAndy
      What is the common target screen size for Director movies nowadays? I'm thinking of going 1024x768 and testing for lower resolution. Is that about right?

Andy
        • 1. Re: Screen sizes
          Ex Malterra Level 1
          You should go for the least common size IMHO. Devleping for both the company I work for (Govt./DoD contractor) and personal projects I go with 800x600, though if I can I make sizing dynamic. In fact, some contracts require devloping at 800x600. I wouldn't be too suprised if there is somebody somewhere still targeting 640x480 ;-P. You should first determine your target audience and do whats best for them of course.
          • 2. Re: Screen sizes
            Applied CD Level 1
            For the last couple years we’ve been using 1024 x 768 for the vast majority of our corporate clients (business to business projects) as well as for projects intended to be released to the general public. We’ve got one large educational (K12) project that is still 800 x 600 … partly because of the cost that would be involved in upsizing the legacy 800 x 600 design, also party because schools are sometimes far behind even the general public in upgrading equipment.

Just a quick word of advice: be careful with your test for screen resolution … I’ve seen lots of projects that only test the primary monitor … I’ve got three two monitor systems here in the office and, while not the norm, two monitor systems are far from exotic these days.